Chapter 45

“Great job!”

“Thank you!”

With a thunderous cheer behind us, we hurriedly left the stage. As we hastily took off our durumagi[1], we swept our sweat-soaked hair up.

“Did it go well?”

“Yeah, really well.”

It went much, much better than during the rehearsal when we didn’t wear the durumagi robes. Sure enough, as the camera director passed by, he gave us a thumbs-up.

“Wow, that was amazing! The fierceness in the members’ eyes was incredible!”

“Thank you!”

“Who decided to add the dance break?”

“Oh, that was me.”

“The formation was so good! I haven’t seen a performance of this quality in a long time. It was even better than the rehearsal.”

“Th-thank you!”

With red ears, Kim Seonghyeon bowed his head in gratitude. As the camera director walked away with a chuckle, we turned and headed toward the waiting room. Maz was about to go onto the stage.

“We’ll cheer you on.”

“Thank you…”

This time, the gaze that fell upon us was a mixture of acknowledgment and admiration. The most prominent emotions, however, were undoubtedly wariness.

Well done, Kim Seonghyeon.

It was the highest praise for a rookie who suddenly rose to the occasion. There was a sense of accomplishment in having Kim Seonghyeon as the main focus of our performance.

Everyone seemed to share the same thought as we entered the waiting room with proud expressions.

“Let’s wait!”

“Yay, great job, everyone!”

As soon as we entered the waiting room, Maz’s performance started.

“They do have a good vocalist, though.”

I should have checked the stats when we passed by earlier.

Well, even if their vocalist was good, he still couldn’t quite compete with Seong Jiwon or Joo Woosung.

Destroyers of the ecosystem…

Being diligent, Seong Jiwon didn’t take his eyes off the monitor as he watched Maz’s performance intensely. Only after the song ended did he exhale and chug down some water.

[“The next performance is by Today!”]

“It’s our sunbae, Today.”

Kang Ichae blatantly sneered.

While watching Today get onto the stage, I first studied their costumes. It was a dead giveaway.

“Second Chance.”

“There was no other choice, really.”

“Well, there are only two songs, and we already used ‘Glow.’”

We watched Today’s performance more seriously than anyone else. Their stage was extravagant, and their outfits were covered head to toe in luxury brands. However, there was an unmistakable anxiety on Today’s faces that they couldn’t hide. I smirked.

Nervous, huh.

Their anxiety became apparent after seeing our performance. Meanwhile, a familiar beat rang out.