Chapter 31

“Ah, just kidding.”

I winked with one eye. But knowing that it wasn’t a joke, Yu Hyeok’s face turned red from his ears.

Even if a large corporation invested capital, what can’t be done, can’t be done.

Fools. They couldn’t see the bigger picture.

Moreover, the song by White Cherry was so famous that it worked against them. Even when they mixed in the concept of The Little Mermaid, the result was still similar to White Cherry’s original track, so it didn’t stand out as unique.

Today’s members were talented, so they might become the talk of the town for a while, but the original performance was still much better.

“You, you…!”

“We’ll get going now!”

Nodding to the staff, all The Dawn members left, and Yu Hyeok missed his chance to argue again.

Seeing his speechless face, I felt refreshed and went on stage in high spirits. Seong Jiwon also had a refreshing look on his face, as if he had downed a whole case of soda.

The staff’s bewildered voice was heard as the dazzling stage lights enveloped The Dawn members.

“Is their concept really Peter Pan?”

“Yes, it is…”

“But why are they dressed as pirates?”

These costumes were deliberately hidden during the rehearsal. As I heard these words, I saw the corner of Kang Ichae’s mouth rise.

Before asking Lim Hyeonsu to arrange the song, we had a conversation amongst ourselves.

“In Peter Pan, there’s not only Tinker Bell. There’s a character that fits our concept perfectly.”

“Captain Hook? A pirate?”

“Exactly. Actually, there’s a story that Captain Hook is incredibly charming. He hates Peter Pan because he cut off his arm, but it’s said he’s gentle to Wendy.”

Seong Jiwon added his opinion.

“So, are we pushing a story about a pirate falling for the other party?”

“That’s the plan.”

Like Girls’ “Want You.”

A fresh and lively unrequited love song where the other person doesn’t see me, but I still slowly approach and confess in frustration. Originally, the concept was based on cheerful American cheerleaders, but the arrangement could be changed at will depending on how you look at it.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

The sound of a ticking clock flowed out.

Traumatized by having their arm cut off by an alligator, the pirates, afraid of the ticking sound, covered their ears and crouched.

In an instant, the stage brightened.

Kwaang!

At the sound of the cannon, everyone’s eyes widened, and Kang Ichae jumped over the members and burst onto the front of the stage.

“My fellow pirates, this is our show time!”

Swoosh- Splash!

With that, Seong Jiwon stood up. Instead of a clock’s ticking sound, fierce waves crashing against the ship could be heard. The lively song changed to a bright and cheerful beat with a hint of a siren, making the day feel even more electrifying.