Chapter 16

*Grace's P.O.V*

The way my mom is scratching my back feels really good. I can really feel her finger on my skin and it makes me feel a lot better. The way she is getting every spot just right is like I'm not even wearing anything and she is just scratching skin... Lifting my head slightly, I look down and gasp realizing I'm not wearing my towel anymore!

"My towel! Where is my towel!?" I say a bit too loudly into my mother's ear, spotting a corner of it laying on the floor through the door frame. I can't help but reach for it, despite it being way out of reach.

"Ow... inside voice, please," Mom says, massaging the ear I yelled into.

"I would rather not turn into your father, Grace, so please no more yelling into my ear..." Mom says, making me blush. I then remember why I yelled and instinctually cover my chest up with my arms, making her look down at my actions and roll her eyes at me.

"I know you don't have your towel on anymore, Grace. I watched it fall to the ground when I picked you up. You are dry now so it's not needed. I will pick it up later." She says like it isn't a big deal that I'm naked in her arms right now.

"But..." I'm naked is what I try to say but I'm cut off after my first word.

"The only butt that should ever be in a conversation between you and me or your father is yours when you are in trouble. Am I clear, young lady?" She again says so nonchalantly that even I begin to question if this is indeed normal as she bounces me in her arms so I'm now sitting higher on her hip. I must have started slipping down with all my motion.

"Stop covering yourself. I've already seen them and I need your arms around my neck again, please, or you are going to fall." Mom says. When I hesitate, she continues, switching tactics...

"Look, Grace... you can be embarrassed pressed against me or embarrassed in the corner. The choice is yours on which one it is but I know what I would pick, and it involves being a good girl for once today and listening to your mother without a fight. Can you please put your arms around my neck so I can get your clothes from your bed?" She tells me, pinching my blushing cheeks lightly.

I felt like I was sweating, I was so hot from the embarrassment of giving my mother a full view of my naked body. Realizing it would be quite easy for her to follow through with that threat since I'm in her arms, close to a corner, and naked, I want to make what I think everyone would agree is the smart choice. I should totally abandon my sense of decency and wrap my arms around her neck. I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. Sensing my hesitation, I earn a defeated sigh from my mother and am put down onto the floor.

"Don't not move an inch from this location, Grace. This is your only warning." Mom tells me, staring dead straight into my eyes while she wags her finger up and down in my face.

Is that look something all mothers are just trained to do? Like is it expected to be mastered in their motherhood 101 class? Cause I feel like all others do it and do it well... well enough that I don't move as she walks out of the room, picks up my towel, and throws it at me.

"Cover back up, Grace. You have 10 seconds before I turn around to come back in..." mom says and something about easier if I just... slipped already, I think? She was mumbling under her breath and I was busy getting this stupid towel to unwrap itself and go around my body in time. It was just in time too as mommy turns back around right as I get it in place.

"Happy? Good. Sit... we need to talk, Grace." She tells me as I nod and then sit. When she joins me on my bed, I can't help but notice how far she is away from me. I mean, she's easily within reach but she feels so far away!

"Of course you slip now that I need you big. You just love making my life difficult. Come on then, come here." Mommy says, opening her arms to accept me. I want to jump into them but the way she said it annoys me.

"I am big, mommy." I tell her, puffing my cheeks out and crossing my arms so she knows how serious I am.

"So big... are you coming or staying over there... last chance to sit snuggled up on my lap, baby... sorry, my big girl." Mommy says, patting her lap gently. I don't like the way she called me a big girl... it sounded like she didn't believe it at all but that's the least of my worries right now. Scrambling, I make it to mommy's lap and snuggle into her before she can change her mind, earning a gentle kiss to the top of my head that makes me smile.

"I missed you too, baby." Mommy says, making me remember what we were talking about.

"Not a baby... big!" I say into her, earning a chuckle from mommy.

"Are you now? How big is mommy's big girl now, then?" Mommy asks. I want to tell her I'm... This many years big but I can't think of it. I feel like I should know it but I can't seem to figure it out. Giving up, I go with what I know!

"Big girl panties big! Babies wear diapers and sleep in cribs and have a changing table and I no longer have those things because me big!" I tell her, confidently.

"I'm big... it's I'm big..." Mommy says, confusing me.

"Mommy's big?" I ask her, not sure what she means. Of course she is big... she's mommy.

"You said me big, baby. Big girls say I'm big... not me big." Mommy says, correcting me and making me blush. I just had to say it so confidently too.

"I'm big... mommy... right?" I ask, way less confidently this time. Okay, with no confidence...

"You can be mommy's big girl... sometimes... at least you have done a good job pretending to be, baby, and that is exactly what we need to talk about because so far, I don't think either of us have been liking what we have been told... I think we both need more information right now so we will talk before continuing getting you ready for your n...eeds." Mommy says and I can't help but stare at her with squinted eyes because I'm pretty sure she meant to say my worst enemy... naps!

"Don't look at me like that... it's happening so get over it. Now why don't we start with why are you still in a towel and not in your self proclaimed big girl panties, young lady?" Mommy says, drawing my attention back to my current predicament and forgetting about the nap that sounds a lot better than this conversation right about now.