Chaptee 72

*Grace's P.O.V*

Jazmin and I have only just started putting the pieces back together again before Jazmin gets up and announces "We done now". I'm confused by her words, as we aren't even done doing the border of the puzzle yet so we are clearly not even close to done yet.

"What?" I ask, earning a huff from Jazmin as she grabs my hand and tries to pull me with her. I reluctantly push myself up, using my free hand to grab onto the recliner we're by and pull myself up. Jazmin pulls me over to her toybox, letting go of my hand to dig through it. She throws as many of them out as she can before she finds some dolls. I glance at the mess, watching as Jazmin goes and plops down with the dolls.

I start to pick up the toys, putting them back in the toybox to clean up some, knowing mommy would be proud of me if she was here to see it. I look up when I hear Zahira's voice, seeing her come back into the living room. I stare at her in confusion, earning a small smile as she gives me a thumbs up for cleaning. I see her silently mouth thank you as she covers the phone with her hand, as I have about half of the toys back in the toy box, before going back to talking on the phone.

"Yes mother, Grace is fine. You just left her... Yes... I promise, again, we will call if she needs you... She literally always has her phone, mom. She has your number and you have hers. If she needs you, I'm sure she will call," she says into the phone, sounding quite annoyed. I flush once I realize that mommy is already calling to pester her about me. I can't help but go closer to Zahira, wondering if I would be able to hear mommy talking to Zahira and not just Zahira.

"No, she doesn't need the bag or a change right now," Zahira says with a roll of her eyes.

"Yes, she's still perfectly dry, mom," she states.

"No, I will not go and check because I am certain," she says, sounding quite annoyed. I can't help but to whine at her words, hiding my face slightly to hide just how embarrassed I am and so she doesn't realize I can hear her.

"Because I am currently potty training a toddler, mother, so know the difference better than you between a dry and wet pullup. Or have you forgotten that I am a mother too?" Zahira scoffs, sighing audibly.

"Not to add, doing it your way would just embarrass her further. You know that and stressed to me not to embarrass her in front of Jazmin and now you are asking me to do just that." Zahira adds before spotting me close to her.

"Here, just talk to Grace yourself mother. I can't handle this anymore. You're driving me more crazy then these two ever could with your pestering. You are acting like this is your first time ever leaving one of your children. News flash, it's not. Nor is it the first time I watched over Grace. You still owe me for all those hours I spent babysitting her," Zahira says as she hands me her phone. She presses a quick kiss to my temple, making me blink at her in surprise.

"Thank you for helping clean up Jazmin's mess Gracie, and for playing with her. I know you would rather be home but mom will be mom," Zahira says as she smiles at me before going to finish cleaning up the rest of Jazmin's mess. I put the phone to my ear, hesitating to talk into it.

"Mommy, it's me..." I whisper after a moment, keeping my voice quiet so that Zahira doesn't hear me call mom mommy.

"Hi baby," Mommy says, sounding like she always does when she's nervous.

"How are you doing?" she asks.

"I'm fine, Jazmin and I were doing a puzzle but now we are playing with dolls. Well Jazmin is and I was trying to help clean up her mess," I say, earning a small hum of surprise from mommy.

"That's good, I'm glad you're having fun and helping your sister clean when you can," Mommy says and she sounds relieved for some reason. Did she think I wouldn't have fun? Why would she bring me here if she thought I wouldn't have fun?