Chapter 91

*Fami's P.O.V*

Deciding I'm not needed at this very moment, I switch on the baby monitor and sneak out of the room. I make it into my bedroom where I hear Grace and Matias clearly having fun without me over the monitor. I let them be, smiling at what I imagine they are up to.

It's also because I need this break from Grace to get myself ready for bed and would much rather hear her laughing than crying while I do so. That's why I try to move as quickly as possible because I know her mood can change on a dime. I don't want to risk leaving Matias to deal with a crying Gracie because she wants her mama all of a sudden and I'm too busy changing to help.

Speaking of changing, it's the hardest part because I'm looking for one specific shirt that I rarely wear. It's not that I hate the shirt, it's just that it takes constant fixing for it to stay up. It's very loose and flowing so it has a tendency to slip down my arm if I'm not careful. Something Matias loves because he gets a free show in the morning cause I have no control over it when I sleep. The car ride home gave me a clue of what to expect tonight though so I definitely need that shirt and will be going with no bra either. Once again, something both occupants of Grace's room will be most excited about.

Finding it after making a mess of my closet, I put it on and grab the monitor before heading to the kitchen. Touching up some of the missed spots, I'm thankful this isn't our everyday life because it is exhausting! Especially cleaning up after she enters a room and proceeds to destroy it!

For this one night though, I wouldn't change it for the world. I'll cherish these memories, just as much as Matias will, as we continue taking care of our slightly older baby girl. Maybe it's time to talk about her going full diapers though... she has had a lot of wet pullups recently and I do hate how it's always a risk of them leaking every time.

Matias's voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I immediately look for him in a slight panic before I realize it's just him through the monitor.

"Get back here!" "And where do you think you are going?" "Now how did you get all the way over there?" "Daddy's speed demon, is what you are!" I hear Matias start repeating, followed by Grace's laughter every once in a while as I clean and prepare a bottle for Grace. I decide to make it extra warm so it stays warm since by the sound of it, she is far from ready for bed. I am really curious what those two are up to though. I see my answer as I return to the nursery at perfect timing.

"Now who taught you how to teleport like that?" I hear Matias say as he reaches through the bars and pulls a giggling Grace back in front of him by the angle. Once back, she immediately turns around and starts crawling away again. It's the cutest thing ever and I can't help but sit back to watch them repeat this routine over and over again!

Eventually he finishes attaching the front railing though and steps back to inspect his work. This leaves a very fussy and pouty Gracie as she no longer has anyone to pull her back and is free to crawl around, something she clearly isn't happy about for once.

Coming up behind my husband, I wrap my arms around him and get on my tippy toes to kiss his cheek, with my chin on his shoulder. He in returns wraps his arms around mine and leans, twisting his neck to kiss my lips before turning back to look at Grace.

"You did an amazing job, love. I love it and I know she will too... in time. Tomorrow, she'll probably hate it but it's perfect. It's just what I imagined. Did you make the mobile too?" I ask, just noticing the matching mobile slowly spinning from all the commotion Grace is causing.

She seems to have just noticed I am here and doesn't like the fact I am snuggling with her dada without her cause she crawls to the front of the crib before plopping down on her butt. Reaching out, she grabs the edge of the crib and lifts herself up and onto her feet. As she lets go to reach out to me though, she falls back with a harrumph back onto her butt. Luckily not injuring herself in the process as she tries again.

"Yes... Grace helped though. With all of it actually. She was a little too ambitious with the first draft though. She thinks a little too highly of me... I don't think she understands this is just a hobby to me and I'm far from a master." He says with a chuckle as we watch Grace lift herself up and fall again, this time with a huff. I smile as she crawls back and forth until she settles on a new spot near the old one, chuckling that she thinks she solved the falling issue now.

"Grace helped? Our grace? Did you trick her into thinking it was for something else? Or for someone else? Maybe Jazmin? Or the new baby?" I ask Matias, not believing him at all! Grace of course during this time tries her new spot and to the shock of everyone, falls right back on her bottom after letting go of the rail.

"No tricks, darling. She actually asked me to help her with it. I think she could sense you wanted the crib. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your many late nights tracking her down..." he says with a chuckle, and I also chuckle at that...

"But in her own way, I think this was her way of admitting to us she wants... well, a crib. She had this very elaborate crib picked out that would have taken me years to build! I'm not joking either! It had a slide, stairs, multiple layers... it was a fort! A fort! Well, more a castle... maybe she just wanted a castle and I turned it into a crib... anyway, I realized then I could just turn her current bed frame into a crib frame so we went with that. She helped pick out the sunrise cutouts on the back and a few other secrets that I had to swear on a pinkie promise not to tell you about." Matias says, zipping his mouth shut and throwing away the key. I can't help but glare at him and think the worst though.

"Is it a way to escape? So help me Matias, if you helped her plan easy ways out and she gets hurts..." I start to rant, getting more and more angry as it progresses.

"No, no! Nothing like that! Promise! She is securely in there... Hopefully. We will see? I mean look, this was an idea that I was not expecting to put into action so soon. This was supposed to be a birthday, Christmas, mother's day type of thing, not a Grace is a newborn and needs a crib type of thing. I literally just finished getting it together. Like, I had to check that the stain was even dry enough just finished it. It still needs finishing touches but our girl needed it and it seems to be working just fine..." Matias says as Grace falls again, gets frustrated and starts shaking the railing until she exhausts herself.

"The secrets are just things she wanted from me that for some reason she thinks will hurt your feelings if you knew. Just decorations and carvings really. I'm sure you will find them all when you are making and cleaning her bed. If they were actually serious, I would tell you and you know that. You know more about little Grace than me so I lean on you for that kind of stuff. These secrets are just silly though so they're our silly secrets and mama just isn't cool enough to know them!" Matias teases, leaning his head against mine for a second of affection before I decide how to get my payback! It just involves me and a precious, very frustrated baby girl...