Chapter 84

*Grace's P.O.V*

Sissy gives me my plate of cookies, letting me follow after her back into the living room. Jazmin's already taken her spot, practically glued to Ollie's side. Sissy sits next to her and Jazmin climbs into her lap.

I furrow my eyebrows as I sit down on the floor in front of Mommy's legs. I don't want to get crumbs on the couch so I just sit carefully on the floor. Mommy moves her legs slightly so that I can sit in between them.

Her hand moves to touch my head, her nails gently scratching my scalp as she talks with Oli and Sissy about the baby. I notice that Sissy is feeding Jazmin her cookies, holding the cookie so that Jazmin can just take a bite whenever she wants. This must be pretty normal as Jazmin doesn't even seem phased by it.

I could never do that! Mommy would never let me live it down, she would think she would have to help feed me everything if I let her feed me even once. It's something I very much don't want to happen so I eat my cookies on my own. I quietly eat one of my cookies, wishing I had something to drink. Like a mind reader Mommy offers me a sippy cup. I frown, accepting it only because I'm thirsty and don't want to wait for a proper cup.

I take a sip, expecting milk but instead it's juice. Apple juice to be exact. It didn't sound like a good combination but it was. Cold apple juice and warm chocolate chip cookies surprisingly went well together.

"I think once Gracie is done eating, we're going to go. We need to be in bed early tonight so I want to start dinner soon," Mommy says, making me tense up.

"No! Stay!" I protest, turning to look at her. She raises an eyebrow when I do that, seeming confused by my behavior.

"I stay, fun here," I tell her, making her smile softly.

"I'm glad you've had fun darling but you aren't packed to stay the night and we have plans tomorrow," Mommy says, tilting my chin up so I look her in the eyes.

"No! I not go," I glare at her, upset she was trying to make me leave.

"Grace, you can finish your cookies and then we are leaving. No more arguing," Daddy says sternly, cutting into the conversation. The conversation that wasn't any of his business.

"No! Jazmin and I play," I argue, turning my attention to him as I narrow my eyes as much as I can.

"Grace, you can stay some other night this week. Tonight just isn't a good night," Sissy tries to reassure me, making me more upset. I just wanted to talk to Mommy, not them. Everyone else was in my business! My business that I was discussing with my mommy.

"Nooo," I whine, upset that I couldn't just have my way. Why wouldn't anyone let me have my way?!

"Grace, Zahira and Fami both told you no. You will be back some other night this week," Daddy says and I can't stop myself from retorting to him.

"Shut up!" I snap, immediately regretting my tone and how loud I am. Daddy is clearly unhappy based on the way his lips press together but Mommy is the first one to speak.

"Grace Dawn Santini," Mommy says my name so slowly that I feel frozen. "We're done here. Go get your shoes on and your bag, now," she says. I look down at my cookies, having wanted to finish them before we left like she said I could but I don't dare argue. Not with mad she sounds.

I quietly get up, going into the kitchen to put my plate on the counter. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with my leftover cookies or if I'm supposed to wash my plate so I just leave it and grab my bag from the back of the chair.

I go to the front door, sitting down as I try to pull my shoes back on. I try to slip them on, struggling because of the laces that I don't want to untie because I know that I won't be able to tie them without help.

I sniffle, deciding to just wear them halfway on so I don't have to ask for help as I stand up. I unlock the door, struggling for a moment but managing to get it unlocked eventually. I hurry outside, shutting the door behind me quickly before going to the car.

I tug on the door handle, frowning when it's locked. I stand quietly, deciding to just wait until Mommy and Daddy come out and unlock it. It takes forever, like 5 minutes in all reality, but as soon as the car is unlocked I climb in and try to buckle myself up. I can't get the stupid clips to click together and let out a frustrated sob, kicking the seat in front of me.

Once the tears start, I can't get them to stop and just end up kicking the seat in front of me several times as frustrated tears run down my face. I only kick for as long as I can manage, quickly wearing myself out.

I sniffle when I see Daddy right by my side of the car and duck my head, quietly whining when he reaches into the car. He shushes me gently, helping me take my shoes off and then buckling me in.

"What was that about?" Daddy asks, wiping my tears away.

"Mad," is all I can respond, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Why are you mad?" He asks, making me shrug. I didn't know why I was mad but I was. He moves my diaper bag to the floor, tilting my chin so I look at him.

"Wanted to stay and everyone kept talking and it's not their business. It was between me and mommy," I whisper softly.

"It was in fact our business, baby. Zahira and Oliver have a say when it comes to who stays in their home and I'm your daddy. Mommy and I are a team. It might not seem like it all the time but we work together to care for you. Talking to one is the same as talking to both," Daddy says, having a very good point that I hadn't considered.

"In trouble?" I ask daddy, already knowing the answer.

"Yes, baby. Afraid so. You were very rude in there and were given many chances," Daddy confirms what I already knew.

"Big trouble?" I ask, hoping the answer is no.

"That's not up to me to decide, princess. I don't think so though. I think just in trouble..." Daddy tries to reassure me with.

"Never get to stay now," I hiccup, starting to work myself up. His thumb strokes my cheek even as I start to cry again.

"No, baby. We would never punish you with that, I promise. You will still get to spend the night some time soon, when our schedules work out better. It's just not something we can do spur of the moment, that's all." He says, giving me Bun Bun and my paci to help me calm down some. It helps but only a little. Especially after I see mommy coming...