Chapter 27

*Grace's P.O.V*

When we get to my room, of course mommy has an outfit already set out for me. After she sets me down and I move closer to inspect the clothes, I stare at mommy with narrowed eyes.

"What? What's wrong now?" Mommy asks with an eye roll and hands on her hips.

"This! This is what's wrong! I'm not wearing this!!" I tell her, holding up the shirt and leggings she has picked out. The leggings are this neon pink and have the disney princesses all over them and the shirt is this white with ruffles. It even has a golden, glittering crown on it. I don't even own this outfit so I have no idea where she got it but it's definitely not from my stuff.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic. What's wrong with it? You wore it all the time when you were younger..." Mommy says and I can't tell if her confusion is an act or for real!

"It's childish and I'm not wearing it! Nor can you make me! It's not even mine..." I tell her, throwing them across the room and crossing my arms at her with a stomp of my foot. This earns me an arched brow from mommy and she looks from me to the spot they landed, me, to the spot they landed before mouthing 1 in my direction while raising a finger. I get the message and scurry over to the clothes and scoop them up before she even gets to 2. I regretted throwing them the moment I threw them, okay? I'm in enough trouble... I don't want to be in more! It was just spur of the moment and happened before I could think.

"If you would listen to me for once, you would understand that they are your clothes from when you were young. They are from when you first arrived so I'm not surprised you don't remember them. They haven't fit you in a long time though and I honestly forgot I still had them. It hit me that I threw them in the attic and forgot about them after I saw you in your current, very cute outfit. While you were napping, I dug them out and found a couple good ones that you WILL be wearing, if they fit. I imagine they will since you aren't much taller and are around the same weight now." Mommy tells me, making my jaw drop.

"There's more of... this!?" I practically shout, lifting the clothing into the air for her to see.

"Yes, baby. I just told you that and I don't like repeating myself for no reason. I found about 5 outfits, if you really want to know. The rest will be donated, finally, with the rest of the crap I've forgotten is up there. Before you ask, as I already told you, those outfits will be a part of your wardrobe until they no longer fit. And before you complain about what you are about to complain about, I would like you to look down and remember what exactly you are wearing right now. Do you actually think that is better than what you have in your hands, Grace, baby? It seems you have no issue wearing that outfit," Mommy reminds me and I struggle to disagree with her. Especially with what I'm wearing under the clothes.

"Do I have to?" I eventually ask mommy, it being the only thing I can think of to say.

"Yes..." Is all mommy says in return so I try asking it a different way.

"Can I wear something else, please?" I ask mommy instead.

"No..." is all mommy says. When I open my mouth to speak again, mommy raises her eyebrow at me with a warning glare and my question gets caught in my throat. I can't help but stomp my foot with how unfair she is being.

My little foot stomp makes mommy wiggle her finger at me in a come here gesture with one hand on her hip and a look that tells me she means business. After the come here gesture, she points to the floor directly in front of her and then puts that hand on her hip too.

"And bring your clothes with you, Grace... now!" I can't help but gulp at her tone after my delay and hurry over to stand next to her but at the same time, try to take my time. When I arrive her finger finds its way under my chin and I'm forced to meet her terrifying eyes.

"Are we done playing games, Grace?" Mommy asks and I nod, earning an arched brow.

" I said, are we done, Grace..." Mommy repeats and at first I don't know why until I remember she doesn't like when people respond with just gestures.

"Yes... mommy." I tell her, unable to meet her gaze.

"You will look at me when addressing me, Grace... Grace Dawn Santini, you look at me right now!" Mommy snaps and my eyes immediately snap to meet hers. They are trembling but are on her.

"This, young lady, is how I expect to be talked to. Not with you staring out into oblivion but with you meeting my eyes. You want to be treated like a big girl, stop making me hold your chin like a child and wondering if you are even listening or not." Mommy says, her finger becoming a multi finger pinch on my chin.

"We are done with this conversation because I said so and that will be good enough for you because if... you... say... another... word... concerning... your... clothes, so help me, Grace... you will regret it for a very, very long time. I'm not sure what is going on with you and these childish tantrums but I'm growing sick of them... quickly. You are very close to earning timeouts for your foot stomping and back talking. Very, very close. Quick 5 minute timeouts to cool down and put words to what she is upset about work wonders for Jazmin. Is that what you need too, Grace?" Mommy asks with an arched brow.

"...no, mommy. I don't need... timeouts. I'll do better... I... I promise." I tell her, struggling to keep my eyes from wandering from her in fright.

"We will see about that, Grace. This will be your last and maybe only warning about your tantrums. There will be consequences next time. Now get to the bathroom and get that outfit on, young lady. While you are in there, you better use the potty too. If you leave that bathroom with either of those things not done, Grace, that brush that is sitting in your bathroom... let's just say it's going to get to know you in a very personal, painful way." Mommy threatens and I gulp, knowing she means it.

Immediately upon my chin being released, I almost sprint to the bathroom. I don't sprint because I'm not allowed to run in the house but I'm not walking, that's for sure. Once in the bathroom, I have no issue going potty. Turns out getting scared has a way of making you need to use it... who knew.

Getting undressed, I remove my bottoms and then force the stupid pullup down and off. Inspecting it, I breathe a sigh of relief finding it still dry. Not sure what to do with it, I go with my suspicion.

"Mommy... what should I do with the pullup I wore?" I ask, predicting she is floating around behind the closed door.

"It's dry..." I feel the need to add before she asks, blushing that I need to add that part at all.

"Good job staying dry, baby. Just throw it out and get dressed, please. I'll take care of it later. We have other things to do tonight so get a move on it. You will need your bath and clean pajamas by the time you finish getting ready for the day at this rate. And make sure you wash those hands before opening this door, young lady. I'm warning you now that I will hear you doing it through this door so don't even think about lying to me." Mommy says through the door, making me blush even further from the praise and comments.

I knew she would be waiting for me outside, especially after the threat. Thinking about her threat makes me kick my butt into gear, like she requested. It's time to stop delaying and get dressed. No way am I giving her any reason to use that brush on anything but my hair. I like sitting down and plan to continue doing it, thank you very much, and would rather not think of a spanking when I see my brush. Much better to expect my hair being done... much better indeed