Chapter 63

*Grace's P.O.V*

I reach over and tug on Mommy's sleeve, kind of getting it dirty with my hands. Mommy glances at me, not seeming to mind or at least I don't think she does. I've finished almost everything Mommy has given me. I have only a fourth of my handburger left and just a few fries.

"I done," I inform her, pushing my plate away. For once she doesn't stop me, maybe because I had eaten all of the veggies that were in my kabobs so she wasn't worried about me just trying to avoid those.

"Your belly is all full?" Mommy asks, poking my tummy slightly while tickling me. I giggle as I nod, ready to get out of my seat. Mommy hums as she gets up, taking my bib off before disappearing. I squirm, trying to twist around to see what she's doing but it's too hard to do that because of the stupid strap that was going across my lap.

Mommy eventually comes back with a washrag and wipes my face off before washing my hands for the second time. Only after she does that does she unstrap me. She lifts me up before I can stand, resting me on her hip for a moment as she carries me into the living room.

"I walk," I say, pouting as Mommy bounces me with pats to my bottom before sitting me down on the couch. She turns on the tv and I immediately turn my attention to that, smiling when I see that she is putting on Coraline! I love Coraline and Mommy knows that. She kisses my forehead before leaving me to watch my movie while her and Daddy finish eating because they are slow pokes. It has nothing to do with me constantly distracting them, I'm sure of that!

I have just gotten settled down by the time Mommy and Daddy finally finish eating. They join me in the living room, Mommy pulling me into her lap to give me cuddles. I whine when she moves me and shows me the bottle full of my pe... the milk with the... Why are names so hard to remember? I know my special milk mommy always makes me finish is in it though. After my protests, she adjusts her hold so that I can keep watching Coraline as I nurse. On the bottle... I do not nurse from mommy. I'm not that much of a baby!

I only get to the part about the ghost children before Mommy pauses the movie. I fuss at that, realizing that my bottle was empty already and I'm sucking on air. She tugs it out of my mouth, replacing it with my pacifier. Does she always have one ready for me? I could have sworn that she hadn't had one earlier.

"I think Daddy should be on nap duty today," Mommy suggests, earning a noise of protest from Daddy. At least that's what I think it is. "He's been telling me how jealous he is of all the stories I get to tell you and really wants a turn," Mommy says.

I scramble to get up, nearly face planting because of my socks before over correcting and falling back onto mommy with a plop. Mommy hooks her fingers into the back of my onesie until I stop trying to get up so fast. She lets me go and I go to Daddy, pulling him out of his seat. He sighs as he lets me pull him upstairs.

"She's already ready for her nap so just put her into bed immediately once she gets up there. We both know what happens when you don't," Mommy calls, clearly talking about how I used to never nap because Daddy would let me play with my toys.

I hope he won't listen to her but he lifts me up once we get into my room and plops me into my bed as well as takes my bonnet off the railing and tosses it to me. I put it on, eager for him to start reading even though I don't plan on napping. He grabs a few of my story books before sitting down at the end of my bed, scooting to lay down by me. He wraps one of his arms around me and opens the storybook.

"Once upon a time," Daddy starts to say, making me huff. He raises an eyebrow as he gives me a side glance.

"Not doing it right, Mommy does a voice," I whine, making him roll his eyes.

"Well what voice does she do?" Daddy asks, making me whine.

"THE voice," I huff, earning a warning look from Daddy when I kick my legs slightly against the mattress.

"I don't know what voice you're talking about Gracie so you're just going to have to let me read to the best of my abilities," Daddy says, making me shake my head. I wasn't going to do that! I couldn't do that.

"Do voices right or go get mommy," I tell him warningly. Daddy sighs, starting to read in these ridiculously high voices. I roll my eyes but let him at least try, correcting his words sometimes when he doesn't enunciate them like Mommy does. She also reads slower than him, something that I like a lot as well.

"You're bad at this. You didn't even ask what book I wanted," I say after Daddy finishes the first book, making him roll his eyes as he opens the second book. I stay cuddled up with him, looking at the pretty drawings that the book has as he reads.

"I read," I decide after a bit, taking the book from him. I start to read out loud, Daddy cooing as he encourages me to do my best. He lets me read a couple more books, occasionally encouraging me when I stumble over the difficult words. It's not that I didn't know them, I just forgot how to say them properly is all and I make sure daddy knows that every time!

Eventually his help with words stops and I pause, glancing over at him. I pause, poking his cheek and realize that he's asleep when he lets out a snore. I giggle slightly, deciding that since he was taking a nap I should go watch my movie.

I crawl out of bed, watching Daddy when he shifts slightly. I carefully tiptoe to the door, squeezing out of the crack so it won't make any noise when I move it. I start my descent downstairs, checking the living room couch where Mommy had been before I go to sit on the floor in front of the tv. I start to look around for the remote, pausing when I hear someone clear their throat. I pause as I turn around, freezing when I see Mommy sitting in the chair Daddy had been in.

"You're supposed to be in bed, napping," Mommy says with a frown on her lips. She doesn't sound happy with me at all.

"Daddy asleep, shhhh," I hush her, even though we're nowhere near my room. She raises an eyebrow as I get up, going over to her.

"Daddy's asleep?" she asks, helping me onto her lap.

"'Es, he sleep. He bad at story, not you," I inform her, earning a small chuckle as she rocks me slightly.

"Well you're bad at staying in bed like you're supposed to," Mommy says after adjusting me as she starts patting my bottom. I yawn as she continues to do that, not turning on the tv even though I would love to watch it right now.

"I wanted to finish Coraline," I whine.

"And I want to put you in timeout for trying to avoid your nap, looks like we're both not getting what we want," Mommy states, making me sigh as she gets up and makes me a warm bottle of milk. At least I wasn't getting a timeout. I would be finishing my movie though, maybe I could make Mommy take a nap too. Then I would be free to do whatever I wanted with both mommy and daddy asleep! I yawn as my eyes close, making a promise that I'll make her nap once I rest my eyes for a bit. I'm only resting my eyes... not napping!

I see nothing wrong with my plan as mommy removes my unfinished bottle from my mouth and replaces it with my paci after another yawn. I'm not napping after all. Mommy will nap and then I can finish my movie. I'm just resting my eyes and not napping. Not... napping...