Chapter 36

*Grace's P.O.V*

I'm woken from my sleep when I feel something warm and wet spreading across my legs. When it gets to my bottom, I realize this feels a lot like wetting myself and completely come out of my drowsy state startled that I might be having an accident.

"What's wrong? Too hot? Is the water too hot, Grace? Is that it?" I hear... my mom say in panic, lifting me back onto my feet. That's right... I'm home again. Everything slowly comes back to me as I regain my spatial awareness standing there, fully awake now. That must have been some nap for me to forget that I'm not at school anymore.

Looking around, I realize I'm now in my bathroom, standing in the tub that is currently filled with bubbles and warm water. So that was the warm feeling I felt. Now that I can actually think, an accident wouldn't start at my feet. Wait a second... if I'm taking a bath... grabbing the shower curtain, I earn an eye roll from my mother as I use it to quickly cover up my complete nakedness.

"So I'm guessing it wasn't the water temperature you were reacting to then?" Mom asks, arching an eyebrow at me with an amused smirk.

"No... yes... it... it just startled me... is all." I tell her, finding it hard to form complete sentences right now.

"Sit then child or are you going to just stand there all night. Don't worry, the bubbles will hide everything you don't want me to see but have already seen repeatedly today." Mom points out very sarcastically. Eyeing the water, I see she is probably right with all the foam floating in it but I still hesitate.

"Sit, Grace! That means now!!" My mom snaps in her authoritative tone. I immediately let go of the curtain and sink into the water before I even register what I am doing.

"Thank you. Now we can finally start your bath." Mom says, moving closer to me. I instinctively sink myself even further into the water just to make sure she can't see anything important. In return, I watch as she dips her pointer finger into the foam bubbles and boops my nose, leaving the bubbles on it with a smirk.

"Relax, Gracie baby. As I told you, the bubbles cover everything you want hidden from me so just enjoy it. I'm sure if you would stop fighting it, you would quickly find yourself enjoying your time in the water. I bet it's quite cozy in there..." Mom tells me as I attempt to blow the bubbles off before giving up and just wiping them off my nose with my hand.

"Hmmm... I need a cup. I'll be right back... don't you dare get out of that bath, young lady!" Mom warns with a very serious glare before leaving the bathroom.

I'm tempted to try at first but where would I even go and it's not like I could even attempt to hide the fact that I got out with all the water I would drip everywhere. Deciding it better not to go against her wishes on this one, I get comfortable in the tub.

I have to admit, the bath does feel nice. The water is nice and toasty, and the bubbles are giving off a very relaxing scent. They smell like lavender so they are very much not helping me stay awake. When my mom finally does come back in, I'm dozing off again and am startled awake by the sound of her voice.

"Found one. Decided to grab a measuring cup to... sorry, baby, didn't mean to startle you... again. Guess that scent is working a little too well, huh?" Mom says. I can only nod my head yes as I fight back a yawn.

"We will make this quick then so you can go back to sleep in a proper bed." Mom says as she comes over and starts undoing my hair so it hangs loose.

She does in fact make quick work of washing my hair. I'm feeling too tired to care about her messing with my hair while I'm naked in the bath so I don't put up a fight as she washes it. Plus, the way she massages the shampoo into my scalp feels heavenly. Forcing my head back, she uses the cup to pour water down my hair and wash the shampoo away. I have to admit, my hair does feel a lot better already but I'm definitely only admitting that to myself and not my mom.