Chapter 93

*Fami's P.O.V*

"How dare you!!" Matias says as he enters the room, sounding quite angry.

"How dare I what exactly? Play with our precious little girl?" I ask, playing innocent as I continue to hold Grace up while she plays with the mobile.

"You know what you did! I heard it over the monitor!" Matias proclaims, making me inwardly curse. I knew I forgot something!

"Stupid monitor..." I mutter to no one.

"What was that?" Matias immediately asks.

"Nothing, dear... I was just saying I don't know what you could have possibly heard because I was just in here helping our poor little Gracie stand. Tell him, baby! Tell dada how innocent your mama is in this!" I say, patting Grace's bottom as she continues to ignore us.

"So you didn't teach Grace saying dada means you fall down?" Matias asks and I have no idea why he would accuse me of such a heinous thing! I mean, sure, I continue helping grace stand when she says mama and my hand just happened to slip away when she would attempt to say dada but it was an accident every time! Plus, I never intended to snag a finger or two on her clothing to pull her down even faster. That would just be diabolical of me to do such a thing!

"I would never do such a thing after you kept a secret from me!" I tell him in a tone even I don't believe as I pick a protesting Grace up and put her down on the floor.

"Everyone in this room knows that is a blatant lie!" Matias says, probably giving me a look but I'm not paying attention to him. My attention is on Grace and how cute she is when she crawls!

"If I did do such a thing, and I'm not saying I did... it doesn't really matter, Matias. She's about to go to sleep anyway and forget all this and these... episodes, don't exactly start from where we left off so it has like a 10 minute effect." I tell him honestly, taking a sneaky step away from Grace so she still has to crawl towards me some more.

Grace is quite slow at crawling, having to put one hand forward and wait a minute before she moves her knee forward. When she looks up at me, she seems confused by the fact that she isn't any closer.

"What are you doing?" Matias asks, temporarily forgetting why he was upset with me.

"Trying to tire her out unless you want to sit with a newborn who is tired but not tired enough," I say as Grace looks down at the floor to keep crawling. As soon as her eyes are off of me I move away, stopping when she stops to look at me.

Her little face scrunches up as she stares at me, seeming very confused. A string of babble escapes her mouth, a noise of upset mixed in and she tries to hit the ground with her hand and nearly falls over in the process.

"Our poor baby," Matias says as he moves closer to Grace, standing behind her and tugging on her foot. Grace tries to look at him, trying to crawl in a circle so she can stare at him but he moves with her. I can't see her face but based on Matias reaction to her whine, he finds amusement in her confusion.

He tickles her sides lightly, earning giggles from her as she sits on her bottom and tries to tilt her head back to look at him. She unbalances herself, falling backwards and he catches her before her head can hit the floor.

Grace doesn't even care, a squeal of excitement escaping her when she sees her dada. Her little hands reach for him as Matias slowly lowers her down to the floor. He looks at me for approval to pick her up but I shake my head. I do a little walking motion with my fingers, making him pout and Grace pout because she didn't get her way.

Trying and failing to sit up on her own, she eventually rolls over onto her stomach, trying to push herself up onto her hands and knees. She manages to do so, seeming quite happy with herself as she tries to crawl after Matias.

Matias keeps stepping back when she's distracted, making her whine as once again, she can't seem to catch up. Matias even steps to the side every once in a while, tickling her to his pleasure and her frustration.

Eventually she gets annoyed with Matias and tries to crawl to me but is faced with the same frustration as I won't let her reach me either. I don't tickle her though so I guess that's a win for her. Matias sneaks up on her though and really tickles her until she glares and chases him with vigor to get revenge or something. It's just very cute and it makes me really want to pick her up and snuggle her hard with lots and lots of kisses.

Deciding Matias has this activity covered though, I grab her lukewarm bottle and go warm it up again. I expected to wait until I gave it to her but I didn't expect to wait this long. I don't really have any complaints though because she should now fall fast asleep and I won't have to spend all night keeping her company with all the exercise she is getting.

When I return with her bottle, I see her curled up on her daddy's lap, already almost asleep. I can see her eyes constantly fluttering as she fights her sleepiness. Coming over to them, I give Grace's forehead a kiss and watch as her eyes snap open. I smile and caress her check, giving her her bottle as she opens her mouth. She latches on with a bit of surprise on her face before starting to drink. I think she tries to hold the bottle up for me but I notice her hands keep slightly falling as her eyes start fluttering again. This time her eyes stay shut for longer as longer, as the bottle gets more and more empty.

Not wanting to stand here all night hovering over them both, I gesture Matias to take the bottle and when he does, I reposition them both so they both are more comfortable. Grace and Matias both complain with almost identical pouts of frustration but I hear no further complaints when Grace is finally comfy and almost melts into Matias.

It's adorable beyond belief and I want nothing more than to stand here all day and stare at how cute they are but I need to get the crib ready! Diverting my eyes, I finally go over to the crib and fix the sheets. Smoothing them out, I grab the blanket and work my way into the crib. I sit down with my back very uncomfortably against the rails and wait.

Once Matias is done feeding her the bottle, I let them sit for a bit longer before I very quietly forcefully suggest him to bring Grace over. Once I have her, I wrap her in the blanket burrito style as I cradle her. The whole time she refuses to open her eyes but fusses at me for disturbing her. Sliding my shirt sleeve down, I expose my breast to her and just hold her close. I let her decide if she actually wants to dry nurse or not but it's a mute point as she seems to sense what I am offering her and almost latches on immediately.

It's painful at first and makes me wince but she eventually finds a rhythm to it and slows down. She relaxes in my arm as she does so and I can tell almost immediately falls asleep. I let her continue nursing for a bit longer though as it's a very special, rare moment between us. I can't help but gently caress her check and fix some lose hair as she does, being very careful not to disturb her.

Eventually I am forced to unlatch her and slip a pacifier in her mouth very quickly so she doesn't wake up crying. Holding it in, she eventually accepts it and stops trying to spit it out. Carefully moving her off me, I climb out of the crib with the most grace I can muster. I only slightly disturb Grace so that's a win for me.

"Night night, Gracie baby. Sleep tight and sweet dreams." I whisper as I turn off the light and leave the night light and mobile on for her just in case. Sleep tight, baby... sleep tight.