Chapter 50

*Grace's P.O.V*

"It magic? Mommy magic?" I ask Mommy suspiciously, raising an eyebrow as I stare at her with wide eyes. Her new purse is much bigger than her old one but I'm still suspicious that it could actually be magical. Mommy isn't a witch after all... right?

"Yes, it's magical, baby. It's why I am carrying it, afterall," Mommy says as she smiles softly, making me furrow my eyebrows. I debate on what it may be able to do. It would be cool if it could hold unlimited stuff, like candy, or cast spells, like invisibility. I nibble my bottom lip before deciding to ask, afraid of it being able to do one thing.

"How magic? Tell when bad?" I ask after a moment, frowning at the thought of her purse being a tattletale. I didn't like tattletales. They usually meant that I got in trouble for doing stuff that wasn't even that wrong or completely my fault.

"No, it doesn't tell on you. I have your sisters for that." Mommy says with a chuckle, lightly pinching my puffed out cheeks after finding out everyone is against me. It's just not fair! They should be on my side, not mommy's!

"It can summon any item that is wanted or needed," Mommy explains, making my eyebrows furrow. That couldn't be true... could it? That sounded like it was maybe a little bit made up. I mean no one could possibly have a purse that did that.

"Don't believe me?" Mommy asks, making me feel a teensy bad for being so easy to read. However it wasn't my fault that she was so hard to believe. I mean Mommy's made stuff up all the time. That's just what all mommies did.

"Well then... why don't you give it a try," Mommy states, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Candy," I say immediately, after very little thought, making Mommy give me a deadpan look.

She gives me a look like it should have been obvious that I would ask for candy first but it wasn't! I just happened to want candy at this very moment and certainly wouldn't have asked otherwise or all the time, if her purse was indeed magic.

I watch as mommy reaches into her purse, feeling around for something before pulling out a packet of sour skittles. I hold out my hands for them but mommy shakes her head at me.

"Go wash your hands, first, ba... Grace. They are probably disgusting so I refuse to let you touch this candy until they are clean." Mommy instructs and I go do so with a pout. They were clean enough for candy and if they weren't, then I would just have to dump the whole bag into my mouth at once! I wouldn't have to touch it at all with my hands then!

Holding out my now clean hands, she so graciously gives the candy to me after some reluctance. I think it's partly because I give her my best puppy dog eyes and those always work on her. Well not always always but mostly always.

"There? Does that prove it to you?" Mommy asks as I open up the packet of sour skittles, eating a few. I love sour skittles but I hate what they do to my mouth. Sometimes my mouth was extra sore from eating them all but I would just pretend I was fine so that Mommy doesn't ban me from having them.

"NO! Too easy. Candy too easy," I gripe, earning a raised eyebrow from Mommy. I mean it was true though, she did always have candy in her purse so it wasn't very magical. That's just what Mommy's always had on hand and she was one of the mommiest mommy's ever.

"Okay then what else should I summon little miss demandy pants?" Mommy asks with an eye roll, making me glare at her. I couldn't believe that she would call me that. I was not a little miss demandy pants! I was just requesting what I rightfully deserved.

My eyebrows furrow as I try to think of a harder thing to summon. I remember something that I do want a lot more than candy but haven't had in a long time. Her name is Bun Bun and she's my favorite, most special stuffed animal ever. I had gotten her when I was just a baby. She was my bestest friend ever and I loved carrying her around all the time. She is one of the few things that I kept through all my different families.

"Want Bun Bun," I request after a moment, a small smile on my lips. That seems to make mommy pause slightly, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as I look at her.

"Well it's very hard to summon a living being, you need to know that Grace. I can't just pull a being out of thin air," Mommy informs me, making my eyebrows furrow as I look at her with a pout.

"Purse isn't magic," I say as I point at her with a small frown, not believing her words at all. She had a magic purse, she should be able to give me anything I asked for. I mean that's what mommy promised me. So if mommy didn't then she just hated me! That was clearly what was going on.

"Well I have to ask for permission first. It would be very rude of me not to. What if they are busy and can't come right now? I will ask if bun bun can come though," Mommy explains, making me pout. She didn't have to ask for permission, Bun Bun totally wanted to see me. I mean Bun Bun was my bestest friend. Bestest friends always had to see each other no matter what.

"Want Bun Bun," I request again, not really paying much attention to her words anymore. I can see Mommy thinking though before she speaks again.

"Well... you see, I have one little worry about bringing Bun Bun here right now. I mean, it takes a lot of magic to bring a living being all the way here. I'm quite worried that I won't have enough magic to get all the stuff that is needed to clean you up. Or would little miss someone like to go back outside in only a dress?" Mommy asks, making me look down at myself. I feel my face heat up when I realize that she's right and I do only have a dress on with nothing underneath it. How on earth had I forgotten that?

"No, me no like that," I say as I shake my head with a small frown on my lips.

"What need?" I ask, very much worried that all the stuff she might need would make it so Bun Bun couldn't come anymore. I desperately needed Bun Bun, she was the only way I would make it through the rest of this day.

"Well I'll only get the important and needed items, I promise Grace. I will make sure that Bun Bun makes it, even if I have to fight my way through the bag to ensure that happens and pull Bun Bun through myself," Mommy says as she looks around the small bathroom, going closer to the door.

"For example, a mat for your little bottom to sit on so that you don't have to lay on the gross, disgusting floor," Mommy says as she reaches into her purse.

She then pulls out a mat, one that looks very plain at first but once she unfolds it and lays it down on the ground, I see it has a design on it. I hesitantly approach, squealing excitedly when I see that the design has tiny Bun Buns all over it! I bounce onto my tippy toes, looking at Mommy excitedly.

"What else? What else?" I demand to know, whining when Mommy gestures for me to lay on the mat. I do what she says, not because I want to but because I want Bun Bun and complaining will probably only delay me getting her.