Chapter 90

*Fami's P.O.V*

As we exit the bathroom, I hear a commotion from Grace's room. Curious what Matias is up to since he is the only other person currently here, I peek my head in first and I'm pleasantly surprised by the sight.

"When did you find the time to do this?" I ask him as he is on the floor, tightening some bolts into place.

"It's... it was a better to have it ready just in case thought after I made the bed. I made the railing easily detachable in case our little wrecking ball went crazy. Better a piece then the whole thing, afterall. Knowing that, I realized I could easily just make this bed a 3 in 1 so I have been working on it since. Tonight seemed like a good night to test if my idea would actually work so here we are. Do you fine ladies like it?" Matias asks and we both look at Grace to see her reaction. At first she just stares at it with confusion before her expression changes to doe like wonder. As we get close to it, she reaches out and grabs onto the railing.

"Dadadadada!" She babbles as she frantically shakes her new crib railing excitedly.

"Wrecking ball indeed." I say as we both laugh. I look at her new "crib" more closely and can't help but wonder why the front isn't any different.

"Is there a reason you didn't change the front railing? Is it not finished yet?" I ask him, curious for his answer.

"No, it's done. I figured a full crib might be a bit much all at once so decided on this between bed. It's like a crib but gives her enough of a "big girl" bed feel that she can't really complain about it." He tells me and I understand his point but one look at Grace and her many failed attempts to reach the railings further and further out helps me make up my mind. It doesn't help her case that I've saved her every time from falling and my reward is a pout or a glare. Yeah, this child is definitely getting her heinie securely trapped in a crib tonight.

"Full crib Matias, please. She needs it... badly." I tell him as he has to help me save a falling Grace this time. He voices no complaints after and just nods, moving to get it done. Grace of course fusses but calms down some when he turns around and kisses her and me. Well she fusses when he kisses me but oh well.

Grace gets extra fussy though when I move her away from her new bed that is now her favorite toy and especially when I put her down on the changing table, tears falling immediately. It's a wonder she hasn't cried herself to sleep with how many times she's cried tonight. However I have to be the one to make sure she gets dressed so she'll just have to forgive me for ignoring her crying for right now.

"You're going to be so nice and cozy and warm when mama is done," I coo as I rub her stomach, trying to make her a little happier as I grab her legs with my other hand and lift her bottom up. This of course upsets her so she begins crying again and kicks herself out of my hold, plopping down hard enough that she feels it and starts crying in full.

"Matias, please come here. I need you to distract her or I'm never getting this done." I yell at him over Grace's crying, doing my best to cover Grace up with the towel as he comes over. He leans over Grace and goes close so Grace is forced to only concentrate on him. He proceeds to make funny faces and play silly games while occasionally tickling her in different places. This works wonders as her crying turns to distracted laughter. She is still squirming but it's manageable now, especially with the strap securely in place.

I use Matias's distraction to quickly grab a diaper from underneath the table and I spread it out some, making sure to crinkle it up so it's activated. Grabbing her feet, I lift her bottom up, slide her diaper underneath before putting her bottom on top of it and then adjusting the diaper so it's sitting just right.

I add some baby powder before I pull the front of the diaper up and carefully tape it into place, sending Matias away with a thank you kiss as I put the final adjustments on Grace's diaper. After I finish and release Grace from her strap, she is of course trying to roll off the changing table but I scoop her up before she can.

"You think you're so sneaky," I say as I bounce her slightly, carrying her to her bed. As soon as I set her down she flops over and pretends to be asleep. I chuckle as my nails carefully scratch her back before I leave her just laying in the bed, Matias easily working around her. I'm not worried about her falling off since all she can do at the moment is roll while she "sleeps" and the railing can certainly handle her rolling into it. Plus, Matias is there to watch her and prevent anything bad from happening.

So I look through her closet, having hung up a few onesies without too much worry. I find one that says "Mommy's Little Alarm Clock" on it with cursive writing coming out of a ringing vintage alarm clock and I chuckle slightly as I take it back to her bed. Grace has her eyes closed, looking asleep except for the way her eyes open just slightly so she can stare at me through narrowed eyes before they shut tight again.

I chuckle softly as I sit her up, slipping the onesie over her head before she can fuss. I help her get her arms through the sleeves before I lay her back down and snap the snaps on the onesie, leaving her to just lay there. Her eyes are focused on Matias as she watches him, not making a single noise. It's quite interesting to see how she is such a dada's girl when she's this little. By the look on his face, he is enjoying it quite a bit too.

"Keep it up, mister, and you will be the one staying up all night with her cause she can't sleep from all this excitement!" I warn as he begins a game of peek a boo with the help of the bed frame. Of all the games to play, he always has to choose the ones that get them the most excited right before bed. Can never be the ones that get them exhausted cause apparently that would be too much to ask for...