Chapter 96

*Grace's P.O.V*

After I settle down, mommy puts on her rubber cleaning gloves and gives me a kiss with another reminder to only do what she asks before bending down to kneel in front of me. Slowly and carefully, she untapes my diaper and immediately the smell hits me. It's a thousand times... no, a million times worse with the diaper off but Mommy doesn't even flinch at the smell. The most reaction she gives is her wrinkling her nose for a bit. My... mess, is also now visible everywhere and I mean everywhere!

I want to just run away from it all but mommy gives me a very serious warning look after I just move a foot so I don't dare! I watch silently as mommy starts cleaning the worst of it off me but also see she's not concerned about getting it all off right now. The fact she has to do this at all makes me feel like a giant baby though and I fight to hold back the tears.

"You are allowed to talk, Grace. The distraction will probably make you feel better even." Mommy points out as I begin sniffling.

"I can't comfort you, Grace. Not right now... at least with what you want. All I can do is talk to you while I get you cleaned up. So just speak to me baby... Tell mommy what's on your mind..." Mommy says, concern and worry in her tone.

"... Sorry." I whisper to her after a while cause that is all I can think to say.

"Sorry for what, baby?" Mommy asks, pausing in her cleaning.

"For..." I start to say before just waving at my lower half and earning a warning look from mommy so put my hands on my head again.

"Why do you think you need to apologize for this exactly?" Mommy asks, sounding even more confused.

"Cause... you... have to clean it up..." I tell her, biting my lip and wishing for my paci. Mommy takes one look at me and suddenly stands.

"Screw this... sorry, bad word choice... I'm just done trying it this way is all. It's slow, frustrating, and pointless." Mommy states, grabbing my diaper and balling everything into it before throwing it away.

"You are mistaken on one major thing, baby. I'm not forced to do this but I'm choosing to do this." Mommy states as she removes her gloves and starts washing her hands.

"I could have easily told you to clean yourself, baby. I chose to clean your messy diaper myself instead, and I make that choice every time. I did it because I made you my responsibility. I'm sorry to tell you but you are MY baby... even if you messed your diaper on purpose, it wouldn't have changed anything. I would still be in here, cleaning your stinky butt so no more tears. Am I clear?" Mommy asks, digging through my onesie until she finds my paci. Taking it over to the sink, she washes it very thoroughly before drying it and bringing it over to me.

"I enjoy caring for you, Grace. You aren't a burden... you are a blessing. If you want to continue messing your diaper, I will clean it for you every time. I will even pinky promise that too!" Mommy says, giving me my paci and gently wiping my tears away before kissing my forehead. She makes sure to stay an arms length away for obvious reasons though.

"Plus, this isn't even that bad... it's just I waited too long to change you. You should have changed Jazmin's messy diapers! Those were bad! Especially the night she had diarrhea..." Mommy starts before a shiver runs down her spine...

"All I am saying is you aren't my first dirty diaper change and you won't be my last... especially with a new grand baby on the way. Heck, Jazmin wasn't even my first! My first was... well, before you were born! I did babysit to pay for my first car and baby's paid the best so I changed a lot of diapers! And I mean a lot! Anyways, unlike you, I'm used to doing this. It's just another tick for me, baby. Plus, as I mentioned before, you can't force anyone to do this for you. Not if you want it done properly." Mommy says, spinning me and guiding me to the shower area with a hand on my back.