Chapter 55

*Fami's P.O.V*

With Elena running off, although I am sure she'll be back for dinner, I decide to settle Grace down for her nap. It should be much easier to do since she is already asleep. Despite how much she loves to complain about taking one, I know how much she needs one. That is why I've made it a priority to keep one in her daily schedule, even if it's a short nap.

My thoughts on how easy this is going to be are interrupted as Grace immediately starts to fuss as soon as she leaves my arms to lay on her bed. It was a good thing I had put her bonnet on before I laid her down or else I would have probably woken her up by trying to put it on. That would have made this situation 10 times worse.

"Shhh baby, Mommy is right here," I coo as I rub her stomach, trying to soothe her back into a deeper sleep. I know that she likes tummy rubs. She also really enjoys back rubs but I think tummy rubs will be the best to keep her asleep right now. Her bed is luckily big enough to accommodate me laying with her but I can't lay with her all day. I have things to do so I keep a close eye on her.

Eventually she's in a deep enough sleep that I feel comfortable with leaving her alone. I still have to get up slowly, trying very hard to not disturb her. She whines when I fully leave the bed but she seems to have no issue taking up as much as she can of the bed, seeming to now realize she has enough room to spread out. Smiling at how cute she looks, I take the time to clip her pacifier to her onesie so she won't lose it in her sleep before tucking her fully into bed.

"You're a bed hog," I murmur quietly as I pause to turn on the baby monitor before leaving the room. I make my way down the stairs, pausing at the bottom of them before I go into the kitchen. I check the calendar, glad I did since it shows me that I have to make Grace a dentist appointment. I dread having to take her but I know that she needs it.

I grab my phone, dialing the dentist that's in the bigger town next door. It's one of the better ones since our town only has one.

"Hello and thanks for calling Elgin Dental Care. My name is Sarah. How may I help you?" the woman says in greeting, answering the phone rather quickly.

"Hello. I would like to make an appointment for my daughter Grace Santini. S-A-N-T-I-N-I," I say, knowing that she would ask how to spell it. I hear her typing, waiting for her to speak.

"What is their date of birth? As a reminder, we require at least 1 parent to be present during the appointment if the child is under 7 to handle any problems that might come up..." the woman states, almost like she is reading from a prompt. I hate having to make appointments like this but since I'm the mom, it's somehow my job.

It's at least easier to make an appointment this time than the previous times, though. Maybe the dentist is less busy this time of year but her last appointment had been a month long wait before we got in. This time it was only a three day wait. I dreaded having to take Grace at nine in the morning though but at least it saves me from dealing with her complaints all day.

I write the time on the calendar, just writing the doctor's name so that Grace doesn't realize that it's a dentist appointment. She hated the dentist but she needed to go. I will not let her teeth get any worse so she was going to go even if I had to drag her kicking and screaming. Shaking my head since I don't want to dwell on it any longer, I head outside to get the bags of stuff I had bought for Grace.

I carry several bags into the house, taking them to my room so that I can sort through them without worrying about Grace sneaking a peek at what I got. I set the bags down on my bed, opening them one at a time.

There's more onesies of course. Grace will need plenty of those. It doesn't help that she looks adorable in them so I just couldn't help myself! I may have gotten some of them for my enjoyment as well but she does need them. And I'm allowed to spoil her with needed items every once in a while. Even if I got her so many onesies that she'll be able to wear a different one every day for... a couple weeks... okay, I went a smidge overboard with my purchases.