Chapter 19

*Grace's P.O.V*

"To be honest with you Grace, baby, I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed in the fact you actually fit in that thing." She tells me.

"Now stand still while I check to see how it's actually fitting, please." She continues as she squats in front of me and starts touching and prodding the pullup all over.

It's super embarrassing to have her sliding her finger through all the seams, checking the gaps, and seeing how stretched it is. I'm not sure when I did it but I eventually found myself covering my face with my hands because I can't watch her do it anymore. Even when she spins me to check the backside, I still keep my face covered. Once she finally seems satisfied and I feel like a ripened tomato from how embarrassed I am, I finally find enough courage to uncover my face.

"Go put your pj's on for mommy, baby." Mommy tells me with a pat on my behind. If I wasn't a tomato before, I definitely am now. I do what she asks though, without complaints. At this point, anything is better than this. I thought being naked was bad but being in nothing but a pullup feels way worse at this very moment.

I don't even care about reminiscing in nostalgia of wearing these pj's again. I just quickly slip on the top, tugging it down before I put on the matching shorts. I'm glad they are shorts because it is way, way too hot for pants right now. Looking at my mother, I see she is on her phone, texting. I didn't even realize she had her phone with her. I wonder where mine is? I probably should check it before my nap.

"Who are you texting?" I ask her, curious.

"Your father." She answers.

"About?" I ask, drawing the word out.

"Your pullups. Sorry, goodnights... It seems I was wrong about your size. I guessed xlarge but it seems like large will fit you better from how those fit you and I don't want him getting the wrong size." She tells me so casually, I don't know how to respond at first!

"Mommy!" I eventually blurt out, quite loudly.

"Volume, young lady! I'm standing right next to you, in a tiny room so I don't understand why you are yelling at me right now." She tells me, locking her phone now that the text is sent.

"Why? WHY!? MAYBE... maybe because you told dad to get me pullups!? Why would you do that!?" I tell her, watching my volume half way through after she gives me the look.

"Why? You really don't know? Fine. I gave you a choice earlier, remember? Tell the truth or stick with your obvious lie. You can probably guess what I mean but I'm getting ahead of myself. You are in your current predicament because you have nothing else to wear. Your choices were your old underwear that hasn't been changed in how long? No, don't answer that. I don't want to know. Going commando is your other option, which I'm not going to approve of. So that leaves you with the pullup you are in because you are not fitting my underwear. Not with these childbearing hips of mine." Mom says, placing her hands on her hips to show what she means. I know my figure isn't as good as hers though, I don't need her to point it out.

"Plus, I know you would refuse anyway and I don't want to share my underwear with you either, if I'm being honest. But... your choice to lie about your reason for a pad made this a lot more convenient. I keep trying to teach this lesson to you today but you can't seem to learn it. Adult privileges are not a right and can and will be taken away." She reminds me, again, but I'm not really sure what she means by it.

"I assume you found your proper pads in your vanity... the pads you have because we trusted you to take care of it on your own and not lie about needing them to us. Instead, they became this big secret despite you never buying any, never restocking your drawer from the package, or properly disposing of them. What? Did you think the trash cans were magical and just made them disappear every afternoon? We have always known about your accidents, Grace, and how they have never truly gone away. You might be able to fool your sisters and friends but you can't fool me, baby." She tells me and I nearly collapse to the floor from her revelation. They know? They actually know it's still a problem? I mean... it's so obvious they would know now that I think about it but still... it was supposed to be my secret!