Chapter 32

*Fami's P.O.V*

"After that moment, I was always called either mommy or mom by you. Now that I think about it, you are my only child that never once called me anything but mom. You're also the reason Elena dropped the Mrs. Santini and started calling me mom and sometimes mommy when we were alone with me and it slipped out. Her blush when it did was the cutest of any of my kids." I tell them and watch Grace start grinning. Realizing my mistake, I ruin Grace's plans before she can hold this over El when she see her next.

"And if she finds out you know that about her, I will make sure your other cheeks are blushing even more than hers and I will tell her about that time at the park to make it up to her... yes, that time, Grace." I say, making Grace's eyes go wide and to quickly drop the grinning. I imagine she is trying to figure out if I'm being serious despite our promise to keep that a secret forever!

"Now, back to the story..." I continue, satisfied that my threat hit its intended mark and her lips are sealed about my slip up.

After she left to hopefully get me Grace's paperwork, I continued my walk around the room, making sure Grace felt comfortable around me. I realized Grace fell asleep in my arms when she started breathing rhythmically. I realized she was deep asleep when she started lightly snoring and her thumb found its way into her mouth.

"Yes, baby, you snore when you are deep asleep. I find it very, very cute." I tell her with a smile, clarifying my story before she can argue against it.

I watch as this causes her to turn her face to look down and hide her face against my chest in embarrassment. I don't think she realizes how cute it is to watch her find ways to hide her blushing cheeks or how much she looks like a true baby in that position right now. Almost like she is trying to get to mommy's milk.

That thought makes me chuckle, upsetting Grace as her hiding spot is disturbed from my chest lightly bouncing. Pulling her a little closer to me and giving her comforting love pats on the back, I go back to telling them what happened and ignore her complaints, going back to that day this little one became my baby girl...

I continued the same motions until I was satisfied she was deep asleep and couldn't make a break for it when I was distracted. I couldn't help but keep chastising myself for calling myself mommy by mistake. It just slipped out. I can't believe she said it back either! She actually called me mommy... and it felt right. Like what else should she call me right... It shouldn't be making me this happy to be called mommy by her. I shouldn't be getting her hopes up like this either. It was hard enough to get Matias to consider a second child and I know how much he was hoping for a boy this time. A third daughter would be a hard sell but I can't bring myself to put her down... she called me mommy, afterall.

I continued that walk around the room until I realized I've been lost in thought and on autopilot for quite a while, I glanced down at Grace, and found her still peacefully asleep in my arms. My heart just melts seeing her. She really was and is the most precious little thing. It's then I realized I don't care what anyone else thinks or says, I have a third daughter and Grace has a mommy... and daddy. Matias will just have to suck it up and accept that we have a surprise third daughter.

"I feel like I should stop and add that my worries over you being accepted into this family were unfounded, Grace, because I don't think I will get to the point of your adoption story that I find that out. Matias, your daddy, actually encouraged me to adopt you after hearing about you. Elena was just happy not to be the baby of the family and loves being your older sister, while Zahira just loves a big family." I tell them, hoping to relieve some of Grace's worries and fears of being unwanted before they begin from my telling of the story.

"Speaking of Zahira, my money is on her being pregnant again soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already trying for a second. I'm getting distracted now though... What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah... daddy wanted to see you more but we were advised not to make it obvious that we were in the process of adopting another child, alongside Elena. We were told it could be used against us in our fight for Elena. They would claim us trying to adopt a third was proof we really didn't want Elena and this trial was just our attempt to keep her from her rightful mother because apparently it's not appropriate to continue expanding our family by adopting 2 children at once. Have I mentioned I hate the whole adoption system yet or is it not obvious yet? My point is your daddy and everyone else fell for you just as quickly as I did. Our only regret about finding you is how long it took and that you suffered so long without us." I tell her, pulling her up to kiss her forehead and hold her close.

I'm surprised when I feel Matias joining when he wraps his arms around me in a hug with Grace slightly squashed between us. He gives my forehead a kiss before kissing Grace too. I'm even more surprised when Grace stops sucking her thumb, she really needs a pacifier so she stops doing that, to wrap her arms tightly around his neck before he moves away. She refuses to let go of him so leaves my embrace to dangle from his neck until daddy pins her to him in a frantic attempt to take her weight off his neck. The look for help they both give me has me laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

"Stop acting so scared of your daughter, Matias. She just wants to be held by you. I promise she won't bite... unless you make her mad then no promises. Matias... treat her like Jazmin. No, not like that. What are you even doing? Are you really that afraid to touch her butt, Matias?" I ask through laughter, wiping the tears from my eyes.

I haven't laughed like that in a long time. The pleading eyes from Grace for help have me off my seat and next to them. Supporting her with my own hand, I grab Matias's hand and force it under her butt so it's resting on the other side and Grace is stilling on his forearm. I then force him to loop his other arm under her arm and rest his hand on her middle back. Lastly, I force Grace up and over so she can rest on his hip and forearm, not my poor husband's neck. Happy, she rests her head on this poor man's stiff, locked up shoulder.

"She's just like a child, Matias. She doesn't recognize a part being sexual when she's like this. Just don't grope her and she won't care what you touch when holding her. As long as it makes sense, that is. She just wants to be held, afterall. Breathe, Matias... relax. Look how comfortable she is, love. She feels safe in your arms so show her she is. Project fear and she will sense it and return your fear." I tell him, trying to reassure him but happy little Grace is accepting her daddy a little bit more. It's a step in the right direction, at least.

I know he will do great once he finds his footing. He is amazing with Jazmin... he just has to stop seeing her as an adult first. I can't help but gently rub the back of my hand against her cheek, earning a swat away from her, making me gently smile. That is until she takes that opportunity to stick her thumb in her mouth and start sucking on it, earning an eye roll from me. That's it, she is definitely getting pacifiers and using them! I'm done with the thumb sucking! Covering Grace's eyes with one hand and sliding the other behind Matias's neck, making sure to get under Grace's arms, I pull him down to my level for a passionate kiss. Of course Grace gets curious and tries to sneak a peek but I keep her eyes covered. By the time I let her think she won her chance to see, we are done and Matias is blushing.

"It's been a while since you've done something like that..." he says, trying to catch his breath, as he bounces Grace for a better hold. His hold of her must have loosened from my surprise kiss. I'm glad he is comfortable enough to readjust her now without my help. Stepping one leg between his legs, I press myself against him, making sure to press hard enough to feel that part of him start to react.

"It's been a while since I've seen you acting like a protective daddy and not like an old man. You know I could never resist this side of you. Just keep you know who in your pants until our little girl goes to sleep. We will continue this... discussion... then..." I whisper into his ear opposite the side Grace is on, seductively.

"Old man... Me? An old man? I'll show you who is an old man!" Matias growls, making a shiver run down my spine. He releases his top hand from Grace to wrap it around me and grab a handful of my ass while keeping me close for another kiss. That is until we hear an "ewww... cooties!" from Grace. Looking over at her, she's making a scrunched up, disgusted face at us. Rolling my eyes, I bend over and rub my nose against hers in a nose kiss before kissing her forehead.

"If you don't like it baby, then stop watching mommy and daddy express their love for one another." I tell her, covering her eyes again and going back to kissing her daddy. I really missed this side of him... I'm glad it's back. Hopefully for good this time.