Chapter 28

*Grace's P.O.V*

Searching the now messy stack of clothes, I find my underwear mixed in and breathe a sigh of relief seeing them being regular underwear. They are childish looking, with hearts all over them but they are at least my regular underwear.

Come to think of it, I think mommy got me the pack these ones came in? What am I thinking! That doesn't matter right now. The point is they aren't ones I would normally wear but at least they aren't goodnights, pullups, or panties from when I was young.

Putting them on, I put the rest of the clothes on and glance at myself in the mirror. I look... young. I look like I just graduated some elementary grade. I look like I should have a pullup on underneath my clothes. One that mommy should be constantly checking to make sure it's still dry. That thought makes me look over at the trash can and my pullup in it. Wearing it for a couple hours makes wearing something so thin feel... wrong in a way.

"Are you almost done in there, little one? I expect the answer to be yes, by the way." Mommy says, some irritation in her tone. Blushing for being interrupted thinking about... that subject... I open the door to an annoyed looking mommy. Mommy looks me up and down, then gestures for me to come closer with her finger before crossing her arms in what looks like displeasure.

Not sure what I did wrong now, I gingerly take a couple steps towards her until I'm standing right in front of her. Remembering her earlier lecture, I make sure to meet her eyes despite my fear. I'm forced to stand there silently for what feels like minutes but was probably only seconds until mommy grabs my hand and makes me slowly spin for her. She even pulls down my leggings slightly and checks I'm in the right underwear! Wait... did I just get checked to make sure I wasn't trying to wear pullups in secret? Mommy then grabs my face with both her hands and before I can react, kisses my forehead gently.

"Good job getting dressed on your own, baby. Mommy's proud of you for being such a big girl for her. It still looks like you need to learn where dirty clothes go though." Mommy says picking me up by the armpits and resting me on her hip again as she looks down at my clothes still sitting on the bathroom floor, once again next to the dirty clothes hamper but not in them.

"You look... absolutely adorable, baby. This outfit is definitely a keeper." Mommy says, smiling. She even lightly pinches my cheek. If I wasn't blushing from her comments before, I'm definitely blushing now. You would think I like hiding in mommy's neck with how much I've been doing it today. Don't get me wrong, it's very comfortable and I could easily take a nap like this but that's also the problem! Naps are stupid and I shouldn't see myself taking one!

"Awh, did I embarrass a little someone? I think I did from those pink cheeks I saw. Those adorable pink cheeks, that is. If you were adorable before, baby, you are an absolute cutie now. Can you lift your head and show mommy how cute you are?" Mommy asks like she is talking to a baby, making me blush further. It's starting to feel like I have a fever, my cheeks are so hot. No way am I lifting my head. Shaking my head no, I bury myself further into mommy neck in the process. Realizing I might get in trouble for not speaking, I give a quick, quiet no, earning a chuckle from mommy.

"Fine, have it your way. I'll just continue looking at your cute clothes then." Mommy says, patting my back to comfort me. I feel mommy start to walk by the bouncing that happens to me with each step. The one annoying thing about being carried is you feel every single motion the person carrying you makes. It kind of feels like mommy is exaggerating each step to make it extra bouncy though. Probably in an attempt to get me to lift my head.

We get to our destination quicker than I would like. I only know we got there because mommy puts me down. I try to stay comfortable in her arms but a couple warning love taps to my bottom makes me let go. Feet on the ground, I can't help but yawn after getting so comfortable being carried.