Chapter 30

*Grace's P.O.V*

"What do you mean I have to be treated like a child? Isn't this a new punishment or are you saying I'm always being punished?" I cut in and ask, confused.

"I don't have time for these questions..." Mom says with a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Fine... let's get this done with then... it's about time you both knew this information anyway. I guess I can go after you're asleep or even tomorrow. My lap or do you want to stay with your dad?" Mom asks me.

"... what?" Is all I can think to say as I look between my mom and my dad, confused by the sudden change of topic and lack of fighting.

"What to what, dear? Why do I know we are mom and dad? It's in your eyes. You don't have that special twinkle in them. Why am I asking where you want to sit? Because this isn't a simple or quick story and I don't want to be interrupted because you want to change spots... so I repeat, my lap or stay where you are?" Mom answers and repeats her question. Looking up at Dad with an apologetic look, he gets the message and lets go of me with a slight smile.

"It's okay, Grace. I know you will always choose her over me. Just go so she can begin." Dad says and I jump off his lap for mom to scoop me up and sit down in one swift motion.

Getting herself comfortable first, she actually moves me off her lap to sit next to her before pulling my knees behind her back. This forces me onto my side as my legs form a V shape while my body is positioned to rest against hers and my head on the top of her farthest breast. This makes me blush being so close and intimate with it but it is comfortable. She leans the chair we are on back some, taking me with her, so I'm not being supported by just her and can rest against her instead. Snuggling even closer, I blush and look up at mommy, embarrassed, as I realize my motions caused her boob to jiggle around some. She just smiles down at me as she wraps one arm under my head to give it some extra support, resting her hand on my upper back and helps to support the angle I'm sitting in by placing her other hand on my butt. Of course she starts patting my bottom too. She seems to love doing that and I hate how sleepy it makes me.

"No sleeping, baby, or you will have to sit up." Mommy instructs, making me blush as a yawn escapes my control.

"You should get comfortable too, Matias. As I said, this won't be a quick story or explanation. It's also not going to be easy for Grace to hear so to answer your question before you ask, she is like this because I wanted her regressed, which I will explain later. The quick answer is it is how she protects herself so I took advantage of that. Some of the topics are just easier when she is like this, that's all you need to know for now." Mommy says, holding me tighter. The slow rocking she starts doing makes my eyes very hard to keep open. All I want to do is fall asleep right now.

"Mommy... you aren't playing fair..." I complain to her, earning a chuckle as she looks down at me.

"Sorry, baby... it's an old habit. Mommy will stop now..." she tells me, pausing in her rocking. It helps some but I'm too comfortable not to sleep but also too comfortable to want to move into a less comfortable spot!

"Let's see... to start with, It's... just a convenience... to call it a punishment. The truth is you have always been treated this way. I try not to embarrass you and your father tells me to stop babying you, along with everyone else, including yourself, but this has always been your life, Grace. Let me start in the beginning... the day I found you." Mommy starts, and this helps wake me up slightly because it's a story about me.

"The day our little Gracie baby quite literally fell into my lap was a lot of firsts for me but I'm getting ahead of myself. The day started with me visiting Elena in the adoption center. As you know, she was there because her mother was deemed unfit to take care of her... again. The courts were under the impression that her mother was done trying to claim her so Elena joined the system and went up for adoption. Once she found out we were serious about adopting Elena though, her mind changed and it became a fight." Mommy says and I know all this so I tune out because it's not about me afterall.

"Our best guess is that she thought no one would want her amazing, beautiful daughter and that her daughter would just sit in the system until she was ready to pick her up again. Almost like a long term daycare, I guess. That would free her to do whatever she wanted, now child free. That plan didn't work at all for her though because a week into her being in the system, I found Elena and instantly knew she was my daughter. Everything was going smoothly until one day it wasn't. We returned Elena after a fun, eventful weekend together to find out her mother wanted her back." Mommy continues, still on Elena and not me.

"The courts favor the biological mother over everyone else, including the father, sadly, so I was flat out told the adoption was being canceled. I told Elena if that was what she wanted, I would step aside and let it happen. She told me I was her mom now and she gave me her blessing to fight for her. And man, did we fight. It took a year and a half of this f... freaking woman failing to meet the most basic of requirements before I finally got a halfway decent family court judge to listen to my pleas and force that woman to sign Elena over to us. During that time, it was a struggle to get any time outside that center with her. The time we did have, we kept it away from the court subject. We only talked about that stuff while at the center." Mommy says and I notice her roll her eyes at me. Removing her hand from my back, I feel it slide up and over my face. I give her a questioning look as she grabs my hand and forces my thumb out of my mouth before letting go and getting back to the story. I feel my cheeks turning red from the embarrassment of being caught and also because I don't know when I started doing it.

"We were about a year into the fight in the courts when I stopped by to talk with Elena about what to expect with the next hearing. While I was waiting for a room and Elena to be free, this little petite looking girl came running through the room, all frantic, slipping on the carpet edge to windmill into my lap. What did you say to me at the time? Oh, yes... Ops with a nervous laugh before you tried to stand and run away. You got about two steps before I pulled you back onto my lap. You repeated that about... 4 more times, I think, before huffing and demanding I let you go." Mommy says and I can't help but go back to that day with her now...