Chapter 18

*Grace's P.O.V*

Mom somehow maneuvered us so she could bend over and effortlessly pick up my stack of folded pajamas before tucking them under her arm and standing with me now on her hip. Turning to leave my room, she acts like that was just a normal, everyday thing. How she managed to do it, I have no idea and I was a part of the movement!

I roll my eyes when I see what mom has picked out for me and stashed under her arm because it's certainly not something from my suitcase. I guess with it still not being here, that would be impossible though. It was one of the sets of pajamas I had purposefully left at home because they were kind of embarrassing and honestly forgotten about. They were a bright pink with strawberries all over them. Mom had picked them out for me when she went shopping one day but they felt sort of childish to me so I rarely wore them.

Regardless of what I thought about taking them to college, I could wear them now, I suppose. It's not like I need to worry about childish clothing when I'm being carried around like this by my own mother. At this point, I'll accept just about anything over being naked again.

"Grace, I need you to confirm something for me... was the pad really because your period is due? No other reasons for it?" She asks, startling me out of my thoughts. Why is she bringing up the pad now?

"Yes?" I answer, drawing the word out, confused why she is asking.

"Are you sure? You aren't trying to hide anything from me?" She asks, making me nervous. Surely she doesn't know, right? There's no way she knows my secret... right?

"Yes... I'm sure it was for my period, mom. Why do you want to know?" I ask her with nervous suspicion.

"Soon, baby. You will find out soon. Let's just wait until then." Is all she tells me as she begins patting my back, like that will distract me from her non answer. It does feel kind of nice though...

All my persistent questions seemed to fall on deaf ears as my mom refused to even acknowledge one of them. When we finally arrived at her bathroom, my first thought was on how different it is. It looks bigger than I remember. It is bigger than I remember. I think Elena's bedroom was on the other side of this wall, if I remember the layout correctly. It should be dad's office now. I remember him complaining how much wasted space it was to have the entire room for a single computer. They must have extended the bathroom and made the office smaller. Now they have double sinks, and a stand-alone shower and bathtub. Everything looks so fancy too. I was so distracted by the bathroom, I barely registered when I was finally being put down and my mom began to search around in her vanity. It wasn't until my mom called me, that I realized what she found and my current predicament.

"Come here, Grace, and step into these for me, please." Mom says to me and when I turn to see and do so, I freeze in place!

"I am NOT wearing those, mom! Nope! No way! Where did you even get them!? Why do you even have them!?" I can't help but ask even though I already assume I know the answer.

"You know where they came from, Grace. They are for Jazmin... in case of an accident, I have a few laying around the house. I don't know why you are making such a big deal about it. You wore them all the time before. Now come on, I'm getting tired of holding them up..." my mom tells me with a slight smile. She is treating this so casually that it isn't fair!

"I was a child then, mom! A child! I'm an adult now and I won't wear a... a... Jazmin's protection!" I tell her, crossing my arms in what I'm very sure looked like a very mature act of protest. So mature my mom even dramatically rolled her eyes at me.

"Grace... let's get something straight here..." Mom says, standing up to look down at me with her arms crossed. How come when she does it, it's intimidating but when I do it, all I get is an eye roll!

"These are no longer Jazmin's pullups. These... are now yours... again, Grace. This isn't a discussion or a choice. Not right now at least since you..." my mom starts to lecture before I cut her off.

"Is too a choice! A choice you are making to force me to wear a... a pullup to bed again! We had a deal! No more pullups and I would wear pads instead!!" I proclaim to her, before realizing by her unhappy and very angry look that I messed up.

"Grace, you are a very lucky young lady that we don't have time for a timeout right now or you would surely get one for the way you are talking to me and over me... unlucky because instead you will get a spanking instead if you are not standing right in front of me putting this pair of pullups on by the time I count to 3." She tells me, making me pause and think about my next choice of words, deciding it better not to say them at all.

"1..." Mom begins counting in the gap of me not speaking.

"This isn't fair!!" Is all I can think to say in response. If she cared, she sure didn't show it.

"2..." is all she says to my statement, this time drawing the word out while she raises her brows at me holding my ground. That bravery only lasts until right before I think she will say 3 and I step close to her with my hand held out.

"Can I at least put the... underwear on myself? Please?" I beg, hoping the please will win her over. The eye roll she gives me makes my heart sink into my stomach though. She is going to demand she do it, I just know it...

"Fine... as long as it gets done, I don't really care. It makes no difference who puts a pullup on, after all. If it was a diaper, that would be a different matter. If Jazmin can be trusted to handle this task, I see no issue trusting you with it. I will still be inspecting its fit once it is on though." She tells me, making me blush at the comparison and from what she is handing me.

Once it is in my hands, I can't help but hesitate holding it. It's been a long time since I've even considered wearing one of these and I really don't want to start wearing one again now. Why can't I just wear a pad, like normal?? Looking up at my mom, I see from her expression that it's really not up for debate and I'm very close to finding myself across her lap if I take any longer to get this on. Feeling embarrassed, I blurt out the only thing I can think of...

"Can you at least turn around while I put it on... I don't like knowing I'm being watched while I change..." I tell her, blushing a further shade of red than I thought possible.

"Better?" She asks, exasperated, as she turns around.

"No... it's still embarrassing." I tell her honestly.

"Grace... just put the stupid thing on already. You literally have no other options until your dad arrives back home anyway. Is it really worth a spanking just to delay wearing them?" She asks me, clearly fed up with my antics now.

"Fine! I will then!!!" I say with a bit... a lot of attitude and way too loud before I can stop myself. Realizing I screwed up, I slap my hand over my own mouth not believing in my own stupidity. How much trouble am I actually trying to be in here!?

"Sorry, mommy." I say to her before she can respond, uncovering my mouth just enough to be heard before covering it again. It was just in time too because my mom stopped half turned towards me. I can only imagine what would be happening right now if she fully turned...

"You have until I turn back around, Grace, and that pullup better be on or so help me..." mom says to me and I waste no time putting it on. It's kind of tight but it's on when she turns around and starts inspecting me.

Grabbing the towel I'm using to cover up, mommy yanks it from my grip and throws it out of reach. I can't help but cover my chest up with the way I'm now suddenly in nothing but a pullup. She still looks unhappy though, and that is giving me a sinking feeling because I have no idea why...