Chapter 51

*Grace's P.O.V*

"Oh, it looks like someone has heard my baby's pleas and decided to rush on over here," Mommy says, making my excitement grow as I look at her with wide eyes. I watch her reach into her purse, squealing excitedly when I see Bun Bun's head poke out of her purse.

"Bun bun! You're here!!" I proclaim as mommy hands her over and I immediately grab Bun Bun from her, a little too roughly. I quickly whisper an apology to Bun Bun, telling her how sorry I was that I had been rough.

I press my face against her, enjoying the scent of home that clung to her. Everyone always thought I was crazy when I said that but it was true! Each house had it's own scent, usually one that reflected the people that lived in it. Like Bun Bun smelled kind of like Mommy's perfume, Daddy's cologne, and some of the nail polish that Mommy liked to wear.

"Bun Bun, day been bad. Real bad," I murmur to Bun Bun, watching Mommy dig into her purse again. I don't pay much attention to her though as I whisper to Bun Bun about how terrible today has been. I keep whispering to her even when Mommy tries to talk to me.

"Why not a paci next?" Mommy asks, the question clearly just one she was asking herself and obviously not directed towards me. I mean I was talking to Bun Bun so she couldn't be talking to me. That would be interrupting and that would be a rude thing to do. So rude it sometimes means being given a timeout after doing it.

I glance at mommy, frowning when I see that she now has a pacifier in her hands. She pops the cover off, making me open my mouth, wanting to protest. That was apparently a bad idea since she pushes the pacifier into my mouth, holding it in place with one finger. I try to spit it out but Mommy keeps it firmly in place with said finger.

I eventually very reluctantly start to suckle on it, keeping Bun Bun held close as Mommy moves her hand away once she seems satisfied that I will continue using it and not spit it out.

"No need stupid paci," I lisp around the pacifier, refusing to look at Mommy. She was so mean for putting a paci in my mouth! I wasn't a stupid baby. I didn't need or want a paci at all.

"How about you help Mommy summon the stuff she needs to clean you all up?" Mommy asks, making me pause in my protest. I hold Bun Bun tightly against my chest, my eyebrows furrowing up.

"Too little," I say sadly, repeating something that Zahira and Elena had often told me. I wasn't allowed to do anything fun. They always said that I was too little to do most things. I think that's mostly because they didn't want to play with me or have to take me with them when they went to the mall though.

"No darling, you are not too little to help Mommy with this. I promise I would suggest you to help if you were," Mommy tells me as she smiles softly, making me suck on my paci a little bit more as I think about her words. Maybe she was right and I could help her a little bit. At least a tiny bit.

"Okay, Grace help," I say as I nod my head firmly, giving her my best serious look so that she knows that I mean it. I was very serious about my ability to help her. I wanted to show that I was smart like her. Thinking of the items shouldn't be too hard, afterall, right?

"Well what do you think we need next?" Mommy asks, making me furrow my eyebrows as I think about her question for a while. My eyebrows stay furrowed up as I try to remember all the steps of getting cleaned and changed after an accident. I was already on the mat so next came cleaning, which meant... wipes.

"Wipes?" I ask questioningly, looking at her with wide, nervous eyes to see if I was right.

"Such a smart girl! Yes, you're right. We need wipes to get you all cleaned up. You did such a good job helping mommy," Mommy praises, making me grin happily around my paci. I liked it when she said that I was smart and did good. It made me feel very very very happy that I made her so proud.