Prologue

A brand new summer can lead to so many things. It's crazy to see how much things can change in the course of three months. 

The fresh breeze, the clear blue water, sunsets that seem to be painted. It's a huge rollercoaster of emotions and thoughts, all jumbled up while trying to have the best time of your life. 

At the start of her junior year summer, Lillian is ready for so many new experiences. The only one that she wasn't expecting, was to fall in love with Rafe Cameron, her lifelong enemy. 

The girl is still haunted by her past relationship, and because of that the one thing she knows is that she's not ready for love. 

But when a potential fling with her best friend's brother gets introduced, she's filled with temptation, lust, confusion, and fear. 

Will the love end up hurting her? Will it heal her previous wounds? 

Rafe Cameron is too lost in his addiction and his daddy issues to think about love. Drugs are what he relies on, it's a system that works perfectly for him. He's irresistible and because of that can have any girl he wants, without having to worry about how they feel. 

These traits will work against him when he realizes his feelings for the girl whom he's always known, but never liked. He finds himself lost in insecurities and overthinking. Especially when he understands that Lillian isn't a regular girl to him. He tries to deny and hide his feelings, but this summer he is finally determined to make her his. 

When the tide switches, feelings change.