2

"So are you actually coming?"

   "Yeah, I have a flight in a couple hours,"

   "He's going to be there,"

   "I know,"

Yeji took a breath, "Did you see his interview?"

  "Of course, I did, it's hard not to. My assistant was watching it. I caught the part about marriage and kids," Hyunjin said.

   "Hyunjin, I hate to ask, but has he called you in the past five years about the baby? I mean they would be close to five now, right?" Yeji said.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips, "No, and I never expected him to, not after what I said to him about the baby,"

   "Yeah, but if he knew for sure they were yours, he wouldn't keep them away from you,"

    "Yeji, I fucked up really bad. I said horrible things, I don't expect him to want me in his life or the baby's," Hyunjin stated.

  "What about Vi? It's not fair to her," Yeji mentioned.

   "That is one thing I really never expected from him, honestly… I figured even if he didn't want me in the baby's life he'd want her there,"

   "Hyun, there wasn't anything weird going on that day? He did say or do anything?"

    Hyunjin thought back, guilt eating at him.

   "He was anxious. Fidgety, restless. I only realised he was probably having a panic attack after I left and calmed down. He said that something didn't feel okay. Something didn't feel right,"

   Hyunjin heard Yeji take a breath, "I, uh, I need to go, I have to make sure I have everything ready for tomorrow,"

   Yeji was quick to hang up.

   The man looked at his phone confused.

   The rolling of something against the floor brought him out of his mind.

   Viola was putting her suitcase by the door.

    "You all ready to go?" Hyunjin asked the eleven year old.

    "Are you sure I can't just stay? You can hire a babysitter," she said.

  "You cannot stay, also your aunt Yeji and Aunt Ryujin want to see you,"

    She pursed her lips, "Will we see him?"

   "It is a possibility, of course,"

Hyunjin knew the girl kept up with things related to Felix.

    "Will he acknowledge us?"

    "You, yes. Me… I think you have a better chance of convincing me to get a cat," Hyunjin said.

    "What happened? You guys were happy," Viola asked.

   Hyunjin took a breath and patted the spot next to him. Viola sat down.

   "What happened between Felix and I, is difficult to explain,"

    "I began to understand Jane Austen when I was six, I don't think that this will be too difficult to explain,"

   Hyunjin smiled softly and pushed some of the girl's hair away from her face, "I didn't realise that Felix was feeling a certain way and I said some things… some hurtful things and it was really bad,"

    "Have you tried calling him in the last five years?" Viola asked.

  "No, because I know that he wouldn't want to hear from me," Hyunjin said.

  Viola hummed, "Will we see uncle Minho and Jisung?"

   "You'll probably have to go with aunt Yeji to see them,"

   The girl nodded and stood up, "I'll be in my room until we need to leave,"

   "We leave in an hour,"

  "Okay,"

   Hyunjin hummed.

  I really hope she isn't planning anything.