31

"Mr. Han, I don't know what you want us to say,"

  "How about you explain to me why you said to my friend at 10 a.m. yesterday that there was nothing that you could do regarding a stalker," Minho said.

  "Because nothing in the pictures he showed us was threatening" the officer said.

   Minho set two different pictures down, both from messages.

   "These were shown to you yesterday. At 9 today, someone who is connected to the person who received these got shot twice. Now, I can ask you why you didn't think that these two messages weren't threats or I can go to your superior and let him know what I found out from your fellow officers," Minho said.

   "What do you think you have, huh?" The man asked.

   "I'd think that a fifty-two year old man would know that drinking on the job is bad, especially one that was in the military, but I suppose that is why you got a Big Chicken Dinner,"

   The man paled.

   "I was a military lawyer for some years. Bad conduct discharge is something... drunk on duty in uniform," Minho said.

    "I didn't read them all," the man confessed.

   Minho nodded, "I'll be sure to bring up to your superior that you cooperated somewhat, thank you for your time,"

   -

    "Are you okay? Do you need me to get you anything?" Karina asked.

   "No, I just want to make sure Vi is okay. I also want to get an update from the doctor about Hyunjin,"

   Karina pursed her lips, "I was just over there and Yeji doesn't... she doesn't want you there,"

    Felix took a deep breath and nodded.

  "Uhm, okay, well I need to drop something off with her," Felix said.

  "I can go drop it off with her," Karina said.

   Felix shook his head, "I should do it. She is just outside, right?"

   Karina nodded.

    The younger slung his bag over his not hurt shoulder and opened the room door.

   Ryujin, Yeji, Juni, and Viola were sitting just a few feet away in the waiting room.

   Taking a deep breath he began to walk over.

  "You need to leave, Felix," Yeji said, standing up.

     "I know, I just came to give you something," Felix said.

    Yeji shook her head, "Felix, whatever it is you can keep it, because as far as I am concerned, if you hadn't come back into his life this wouldn't have happened. Hell, if you hadn't come ito his life at all a lot of things would be different,"

   There were gasps from behind Yeji.

   Felix pursed his lips and blinked a couple times, pulling out the blue velvet box he handed it to Yeji, "He deserves this back,"

  The woman took the box without even looking at it.

  Felix nodded and walked away from them.

   "Mom, this wasn't Felix's fault," Juni said.

   "Juni, just don't. Not right now, okay," Yeji said.

    Viola looked at the ground, one of her hands coming up to wipe her tears.

   -

    "Are you okay?" Karina asked, glancing at Felix.

   "Yeah... I mean the love of my life's sister hates, because I got him shot. He probably hates me too. I can't even begin to imagine what Vi is feeling... I mean I am feeling just great,"

     "If we need to put a hold on things, then we can,"

  Felix shook his head, "It is better to just go through with it,"

   Karina pursed her lips and nodded.

   -

   Yeji sighed and threw the her coffee away.

  It tasted gross and she hated coffee.

   Pursing her lips she dug in her pocket and pulled out the blue velvet box.

     "What is this?"

     Opening the box her breath caught.

  Oh, Hyunjin...