8

Felix walked into his house, "My loves, I am home,"

    The was a small meow and a orange cat came zooming from around the corner, only to hit his head.

  "Ohh, baby, are you okay?" Felix asked picking the cat up.

   The cat meowed and leaned into the pets he was getting.

  "Where is your sister, hmm? Where is Cherry, Leo?"

   Another ginger cat appeared with a meow.

  Felix put Leo down and patted Cherry's head.

  Going to the kitchen he looked at the note on the counter.

   "Fed Cherry and Leo. Call me about the interns, Karina," Felix read.

    The brunet pulled out his phone and called Karina.

  "Good you called, we need to pick your interns before your press tour for your book,"

   "I already have two, they sent in their applications a bit ago," Felix said.

  "Okay, what are their names, so I can get their applications," Karina said.

  "Lily Morrow and Hyein Lee,"

   Karina hummed, "Found them. Okay, you have about twenty more, but I found two who would be perfect,"

  "Who are they?" Felix asked.

   "Juniper Hwang and Jack Winslow,"

   Felix hummed, "Go ahead and send the emails,"

   "You sure?" Karina asked.

   "Alright, I have to shower, change, and I will be in the office in an hour, two tops," Felix said.

   "Okay, see you later,"

  Felix took a breath when they hung up.

   Everything was fine.

-

   "Hyunjin, we need to go over the interns," Winter said.

  "Danielle Marsh and Kyujin Jang," Hyunjin said.

   "Okay, you need two more,"

   Hyunjin hummed, "Do you have any picks?"

   "My picks fell through this morning," Winter stated.

  "What do you mean?" The brunet questioned.

   "Juniper Hwang and Jack Winslow, have been chosen for Mr. Lee's internship,"

   "Wait Juniper? As in my niece?"

    Winter nodded, "She called this morning, she even left a mail,"

  The woman clicked a button on the landline, Juni's voice coming through.

  "Hey, uncle Hyunjin, it is Juni. Uhm, so I know you said I could have the internship at your company; however, I just got an email from an internship that I really wanted.

   So, uh, I'm going to have to pass on yours. I'll still be in New York, in the same area as well. Anyways, the internships is with Felix. Felix Lee. Yes, that Felix. The one you used to date, the one you broke up with. Uh, okay... I'll see you winter break. Bye,"

   The machine beeped.

   Winter's lips were pursed.

Hyunjin took a breath, "Uhm, who- who in the office heard this voicemail?" He asked.

  "Just me,"

  The older nodded.

  "So, you used to date Felix Lee the novelist?" Winter questioned.

  "About five years ago, yeah,"

  "Five years ago? Weren't you- oh…"

   "Yeah, uhm, he was my student and intern at the time," Hyunjin said.

    Winter nodded.

   "Well, I will have some more applications ready for you in just a little," she said.

   The older nodded, "Uhm, can we keep this little thing between us?"

   The younger nodded.

   "Thank you, Winter,"

  "Just… why don't you want anyone to know?" She asked.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips, "His privacy is really important to him and to me. If he is ever ready to tell the world about him and I, then I will support him; however, until then it will be under lock and key, a Pandora's box that shouldn't open," he explained.

    Winter hesitated as she spoke, "If I may be so inclined, Felix is a public figure; everyone is looking into his past— especially those who consider him a threat.

  It is only a matter of time until they figure out what you were to each other and other things if there were any. Wouldn't it be best to have someone monitor the situation, so that way you can be warned and he can be warned ahead of time?" She asked.

   "What are you suggesting?"

   "I have a friend and they do things similar to what Mr. Choi helped you with you were working together. I am sure if I asked them, they would be willing to keep an eye on it,"

   Hyunjin hummed, "What is their name?"

   "Eden Lovsii," Winter said.

     "I'll let you know later,"

  Winter nodded, "I will take my leave now. I will make sure to get you those applications,"

   Hyunjin nodded.

The woman left. The brunet looked at the messily written down name and hummed.

   It wouldn't be a bad idea.

-

  Self insert. It has been a minute since I did one. Coming chapters may be exciting.

   On a side note I went to my local Walmart. They had one Skz album, it was open, missing everything, and a little ripped. I asked a staff member if they had more, but she let me know that they come every Friday to restock, apparently it happens often where kpop albums are messed up.

  I had immense anxiety after talking to the staff member and wanted to leave the store. I was, however, able to get Taehyung's album it is so cute.