52

Hyunjin opened the door, surprised to see Hyein there.

  "Ms. Lee what are you doing here?"

  "Uhm, Viola called me... she, uh, wanted to go out for a little and talk," she said.

   "Dad is Hyeinnie here?" Viola asked as she came downstairs.

   "Yeah, she is. Why didn't you tell me you wanted to go out?" Hyunjin asked.

   "I, uh, I just need to talk to Hyeinnie about something,"

   Hyunjin pursed his lips, "Okay... be careful and be home before eleven,"

    Viola nodded.

  "I promise I'll have her home before eleven," Hyein said quickly, then following after Viola.

   "Girl, what is going on with you?" Hyein questioned, as soon as they were in the car.

   "I screwed up big time,"

  "Okay, did you peirce something?"

  "No,"

  "Did you somehow get a tattoo?"

"No, that isn't even possible,"

   "Okay, Vi, there aren't many dumb things an almost twelve year old can do, therefore, I am going to assume that this is about that older boy you mentioned on the book tour, who is the same boy you brought to your parents engagement party two weeks ago," Hyein said, pulling into the parking lot of a small Café.

   "Yeah, it is about him,"

   "Your parents don't like him,"

   "How did you know?"

  "Well you're eleven and he is fifteen, it is pretty easy to guess," Hyein said, pulling the keys out of the ignition.

    The two got out of the car.

   Hyein was nearly tackled into a hug when they entered.

   "Hey, Hanni," Hyein greeted.

   "Hey, you want your usual?" Hanni asked.

  "Yes, plus a...?" Hyein looked at Viola.

  "Iced americano, please,"

   Hanni nodded, "Go ahead and go sit, I'll bring the drinks,"

-
After Hyein and Viola left

    "So where is she?" Felix questioned.

   "She is with Hyein, pretty sure they are going to that Café that Hyein goes to," Hyunjin said.

   "Is she okay?"

   "I really don't know... I talked to her a bit after you left and she was crying... she ask if you were upset with her,"

   "I don't ever thunk I could be truly upset with her," Felix stated.

   "Yeah, I know... I told her but I don't know if she believes it," Hyunjin said.

   Felix sighed, "I keep thinking that maybe she is right. Maybe, I am projecting to much my past experiences onto the situation, but there is a gnawing feeling and it just won't go away no matter what and I wish it would go away,"

  "I don't know. If she was fifteen and he was only seventeen, maybe I'd be more okay with it, but she isn't fifteen, she's turning twelve in three days,"

   "I get saying someone is your significant other. When I was eleven I'd call Ava my partner. When I was seven Seungmin and I played house, I played the "wife" and he played the "husband". I get that. This kid though is older than her mentally, he knows what dating is. She is just learning what it is,"

   "I almost called Yeonjun about it. Almost had him do a background into this kid," Hyunjin said.

   "Mm, calling Eden would be better, closer in age, knows where to look," Felix said.

   "Don't give me ideas, I might actually do it. We should learn about him in person,"

  "We should,"

   "So should we invite him to her birthday dinner?" Hyunjin asked.

  "I guess..." Felix said.

"It will be fine. It will be good, we get know him and maybe we actually like him,"

  "Yeah, maybe,"

-

Present time with Hyein and Viola

    "So what exactly is wrong?" Hyein asked.

  Viola looked down at her phone and pursed her lips.

   "Just my dad and Felix don't like Mars and it is hard..." Viola said.

    Hyein's brows drew together, "Really it seemed like more when you called,"

"I was just feeling overwhelmed because of it all. I screwed up and said some stuff to Felix that I didn't mean and I was feeling overwhelmed,"

   "Wow, first time in a while I've heard you call Felix well Felix," Hyein said.

     "Slip of tongue is all," Viola said with a shrug.

Hyein pursed her lips and glanced at the clock, "You know what, I should drop you home. I forgot I have to go to New York tonight,"

  "Oh, uh, yeah, I guess you should,"

  Hyein nodded and stood up.

   -

   A bit over two hours later Hyein was in Manhattan, knocking on a door.

   "Yes, what do you need human?" The pink head questioned, when they answered the door.

    "Oh, Hyein, how are you?" Eden asked.

   "Can you do me a favour?" Hyein asked.

  "Sure what is it?"

  Hyein followed Eden in to their computer.

   "Can you tap into Viola Hwang's phone?" Hyein asked.

-

  🌷Cliffhanger🌷