47

Some weeks later

    "Aries, Faye, Viola, school time," Felix called out.

   The three kids came down. Faye's curly hair was in in a messy braid. Aries was missing a hearing aide. And Viola looked tired.

   "Okay, first," Felix looked at Aries, "you're hearing aide is on the table," the six year old nodded and went to go get it, "second, Viola. Next time you stay up until three in the morning talking to Chris, I am telling Chris' mom and I will be taking the phone,"

    The girl groaned and went into the kitchen, "No, coffee,"

  "Let her get coffee, she needs the energy," Hyunjin said, ressing a kiss on Felix's lips.

   "Hair?" Faye questioned, tugging at Hyunjin's sleeve.

   "Yup, let's go," Hyunjin said, picking up the girl.

   "Wait, can Chris come over after school?" Viola asked.

  "No,"

  "Yes,"

   "Uhm..."

   "Chris can come over, Vi," Felix said.

   "Yay, thanks!" The girl said and hopped off.

   "She can't bring a boy over. She's eleven," Hyunjin said.

  "Yeah, exactly, she is eleven. Plus, Chris is her best friend and has been for years, we both know him,"

   "Fine, but they have to stay in the living room and he can't stay the night,"

   Felix pursed his lips, "Faye, go to the bathroom and wait there, daddy will be there in a minute,"

  Faye wiggled out of Hyunjin's hold and ran off to the bathroom.

  "If Aries was eleven asking if a girl could come over would you be doing the same thing as you are doing now? Would you say that they had to stay in the living room and she couldn't stay the night?" Felix questioned.

   Hyunjin pursed his lips.

  "Exactly, we are not going to create double standards just because Vi is a girl. If we do this now with Vi, we are doing it with Aries and Faye with any girl or guy they bring over.

  Also, they're eleven, they haven't reached their teens yet and even if they were it their teens we wouldn't have to worry because they're both smart," Felix stated.

  "I hate when you make valid points, because it me no room to make a counter point," Hyunjin stated.

   Felix smiled, "Go fix Faye's hair,"

Hyunjin hummed and kissed Felix.

  "By the way, he is coming to the engagement party in two weeks,"

    The older grumbled.

   "Get used to it, my love, she is growing up,"

   "Yeah, and I hate that," Hyunjin muttered.

  "Yeah, I know, but you know we can always have more kids," Felix said.

   Hyunjin hummed, "That is an option,"

    Felix rolled his eyes, "Go help your daughter," he said, pushing Hyunjin towards the bathroom.

   Hyunjin nodded and began walking to the bathroom.

  "Oh, remember we have our first session today. We can keep putting it off," Felix said.

  "Right, I promise I will be there," Hyunjin called out.

  -

     Thirty minutes late. Hyunjin was thirty minutes late and counting.

   "How about we start?"

   "Can we wait just a little longer?"

   Just as Sakura was about to speak Hyunjin walked in.

  "Sorry, sorry, uh, moving offices is, uh, difficult," Hyunjin said sitting next to Felix.

  "It's fine, we haven't started. I am Doctor Miyawaki, but please call me Sakura," Sakura introduced herself.

   "Hyunjin Hwang, pleasure to meet you,"

   "Well, since we are all here about we get started, yeah? What brought you two to couples therapy?" She asked.

  "We are getting married," Felix said.

   "And do you not want to get married?" Sakura asked.

  "Oh, we do, but uhm, after our first and only break up we said some unsavoury things about each other," Hyunjin said.

  "Okay, well after a break up emotions are usually running high. Let's start with you, Hyunjin what did you say about Felix after the break up?"

    Felix pursed his lips.

"Uhm, I kind of compared him to my ex, who wasn't the best. I said he was..." Hyunjin paused, it was something Hyunjin didn't want to say, "and I said he was a slut,"

   Sakura nodded, "Felix what did you say about Hyunjin after the break up?"

  "Do I have to say everything?" Felix asked.

  "Yes, it would be best that you told me everything,"

   "Okay, uhm, I called him a dick, an asshole, gum at the bottom of my shoe, a rose with thorns. I also said that I would miss when he got jealous, I would miss his stamina, I would miss how sweet he is, I would miss the sex and I would miss his... uhm, his, you know..."

    Hyunjin's lips were pursed and up to his ears was red.

  "Alright, well the big question is have you guys forgiven each other for the words said?" Sakura asked.

  "We did, but uhm, we have some other doubts especially since we just adopted two kids and before we adopted them Hyunjin already had a daughter," Felix said.

  "And was is this a problem for the both of you?"

    "No, never, we have both always cared for her so much, but, uhm, there were words said by others that have put a small strain in the way we, I guess parent," Hyunjin mentioned.

    "What strain would that be?" Sakura asked.

  "We had a disagreement this norning about our oldest daughter," Hyunjin told her.

   Felix clicked his tongue.

  "Do you not agree that it is a disagreement, Felix?"

  "I do agree that it was, but I also don't agree with Hyunjin bringing it up,"

   "Why not?"

   "Our oldest is eleven, she asked if she could have a friend who is a boy over. Hyunjin said no and I said yes. Then we finally said she could, but Hyunjin said they had to stay in the living room and that the friend couldn't stay the night.

  I brought up the fact that if it was our son asking to bring a girl over he wouldn't be singing the same tune and it is true. I told him we can't create a double standard for our kids.

  If our oldest can have a boy over but they have to stay in the living room, then the same has to go with our son when he turns eleven and asks to bring a girl over," Felix explained.

   Sakura took a breath, "Okay, for today our time is up, but tomorrow, I would like for you to come in with your oldest daughter, because I would like to speak with her, it is nothing bad I just want to know her opinion since she is the oldest,"

    Felix and Hyunjin nodded.

  Maybe there was a little more strain on there relationship than they realised.