☄️46☄️

Flashback chapter

-

    "I really just want to get out of here, okay? This whole day has been too much for me," Felix said.

     "I will go talk with the doctor... see if she'll discharge you early," Yunjin said, with a sighed.

  Felix quietly thanked the woman.

   Not two minutes after Yunjin left the door opened. Felix expected it to be Declan with a change of clothes.

   Surprise ran through him when he saw Ava.

     "Felix... what are..." She paused remembering what her mom told her.

   "I should have known that she was your mom," Felix muttered.

   Ava pursed her lips, "I volunteer sometimes... she told me about a couple of her patients today,"

     Felix nodded, "So, you know... how many people do plan on telling? I mean the school slut got pregnant and is now going through a miscarriage... it's good gossip,"

   "No one... I know I am a bitch a lot of the time, but I wouldn't do that... and I am sorry for what I have said about you,"

   Felix chuckled, "Then why say I at all?"

    "Because I am really jealous of you. You're cute and handsome, literally you have hundreds of guys on their knees just to get a chance with you. I mean you even have our professor wrapped around your finger. It all made me jealous," Ava said, sitting down on the end of the bed.

   "I wouldn't say that about Hyunjin..."

    "It's true though... he is totally in love with you I mean before you guys started dating he looked at you like you hung the moon and stars and now he looks at you like every great thing in the world happened simply because you smiled... God, I am probably intruding on your love life which I have nothing to do with,"

   "It's fine Ava... he and I don't really have a love life together anymore. We broke up," Felix said.

   Ava tilted her head, "You guys broke up? Is it because of...?" She questioned.

  "No, uh, he knows about the pregnancy, but he doesn't know about this part. I didn't even know until after we broke up, but according to your mom this could have been going on for hours,"

     "Have you called him? I mean I'm sure he'd want to know,"

   "You know. I would call, but I don't know... he made it pretty clear that it was a mistake, that I am too young to know what I want," Felix said.

   Ava pursed her lips, "If he thinks fir a second that dating you was a mistake then screw him. For him to say that you don't know what you want is a mistake. I remember us being six and you saying you wanted a big family.

  Then when we were fourteen you still wanted a big family and you wanted a partner who'd treat you like royalty,"

   Felix smiled and laughed softly, "I distinctively remember you trying to do so afterwards,"

    Ava smiled and held Felix's hand, "I'm sorry Avalix didn't work out,"

   Felix squeezed her hand, "Me too, but I think it was for the best, especially since I hear a certain lit major is coming around,"

   "Ash? Oh, please they don't like me like that,"

    "I wouldn't be too sure. Word is they plan on asking you out,"

   "That would be a dream come true,"

  Felix hummed.

     The woman took a breath, "Friends again?" She asked, holding out her pinky.

   Felix hooked his with hers, "Always and forever, just like old times,"