7

"So, how long did you know about Felix...about the what happened?" Hyunjin asked his daughter.

  "He would never think something is wrong with you and him... it is why I wanted you to go back," she said.

   The brunet sighed, "And I didn't listen,"

   Viola shook her head.

   She clasped her hands in front of her and pursed her lips, "I was mad at you for awhile. I've been able to understand many books, but that was one thing I couldn't understand. Why wouldn't you just go back? Why wouldn't you listen?"

   "I was upset I really loved him and thinking that he didn't feel the same hurt a lot," Hyunjin said.

   "But you never gave him a chance to explain... you just thought it had something to do with your relationship," Viola said.

   "Baby, you have to understand how difficult that relationship even was. Up until you came to live with me, Felix and I had a push-pull situation and it was mainly me doing it. I'd push him away and pull him right back.

    At one point I had pushed him enough to where he started a relationship with another person, you remember, when you first came to live with me. And even after we began our relationship, it wasn't easy because of our difference in age,"

   "You say "loved", but it isn't that. It's not past tense because you still have feelings for him. Same goes for him. I've seen it books.

   The two main characters especially if they are exes or best friends, they'll ignore what they feel and put someone in between them,"

  "Okay, but we aren't in a book, not everything applies," Hyunjin mentioned.

   Viola hummed, "You'd be surprised,"

-

  "Thank you, Yeji, for having me as the speaker," Felix said.

  "Are you sure you have to go? You can stay a little longer teach my student longer,"

  Felix chuckled, "I would love too, but I have deadlines and Karina would kill me if I missed it,"

  "Okay, well you are welcome to come back and talk in my class anytime," Yeji said.

  Felix nodded.

  "Hey, I'm sorry we weren't there for you when everything happened. I don't care how frustrated Hyunjin was, Ryujin and I would have been there in a heartbeat,"

   "It's not your fault that you weren't there. I didn't really want many people to know. I mean Yunjin asked if I wanted to tell Hyunjin, but I was in a state to where I didn't want him to know. I didn't even want my brother to know," Felix told her.

   Yeji nodded, "If you want to talk to Lily and Hyein, now is a good time," she mentioned, gesturing to the two.

  "Yeah, I do. Uhm, I'll keep in touch,"

   "Good, because I missed you,"

    Felix smiled and hugged the woman.

   With another goodbye, Felix walked over to Hyein and Lily.

  "Mr. Lee, hi," Lily said.

   "Yes, hi," Hyein greeted.

  "Hey, guys, I actually came over here to talk to you guys about something," Felix said.

  "Oh? What?" Hyein asked.

  "I have a few internships open and while they don't lead to a full-time job currently, they are pretty good to have on your resume. They do take up your winter break and summer break, but I was wondering if you would like to fill two of the spots.

  It is in New York, however, the way it is worked out, you will be provided with anything you need short of anything illegal. Also if you are going to be persuing further education it does provide a scholarship," Felix explained.

   "Wait really? I mean we both applied like a month or so ago, but we didn't think this would happen," Lily said.

  "Oh, you applied?"

  Hyein and Lily nodded.

Felix made a face, "Ah, that was the paper Karina gave to me," he said with a small laugh, "Well, I only have four spots and if you would like to you can take two of them,"

   "That would be amazing. Especially, since Danielle and Kyujin are going to be in New York for Mr. Hwang's internship," Hyein mentioned.

   Felix blinked a couple times, "Mr. Hwang's internship?" He questioned.

   "Yeah, Professor Yeji's brother, he offered Danielle and Kyujin the internship yesterday. Wasn't he a professor when you were a student?" Lily asked curiously.

  "Uh, yeah, he was. I, uh, moved to New York before the year finished and I finished school there, so I never knew he left,"

   "Oh, it is quite a coincidence than. Anyways, we will definitely take the internships," Hyein said.

   Felix nodded, "Karina will send you all the details of it in an email,"

   Hyein and Lily nodded, "Can't wait. Thank you, Mr. Lee!"

  Felix gave them a smile and the two walked off.

    He took a deep breath.

   Everything would be fine.

  It was a Pandora's Box that couldn't be opened…right?