48

"Are you staying for dinner, Chris?"

  "Right, I was going to ask. Can Chris stay the night?" Viola asked.

     "Uhm, Chris did you ask your mom? Is she okay with it?" Hyunjin questioned.

  "She is," he said.

  Felix glanced at Hyunjin who nodded, ge smiled a little, "Yeah, you can stay over," he said.

    Chris smiled.

  "So did you hear about the new student coming?" Chris asked Viola.

  "You have only been talking about it for like a week," Viola said.

   "I wonder if they'll be cute,"

    "I thought you were crushing on that boy in your science class?"

  "Eh, he was cute until he dissected a frog and ate a taco without washing his hands, and it wasn't even a good type of taco," Chris told her with a shrug.

  "Rock, paper, scissors, to see who has that talk with her," Hyunjin whispered, holding up his fist.

   "That is immature, Hyun," Felix muttered.

   "So you'll have that talk with her?" He asked.

  Felix thought for a moment, then held his fist up.

  "1... 2... 3..."

   "Ha, I win," Hyunjin stated.

    "You're two, can't even talk to our daughter about having first crushes,"

   "You want me to talk to her about love? I almost married her mom. My first crush was her mom. Your first crush was who? Seungmin? Ava? Much better than Julianna,"

   "Touché," Felix said.

   "Seriously, my best decision when it came to being in love with someone is you," Hyunjin stated.

  "Aw, that is so sweet,"

  "I try,"

     "You're still doing dishes tonight," Felix said, walking away.

"It was worth a shot," Hyunjin muttered.

  -

   "Hey, Vi, can we talk for a minute? Just on the deck," Felix said.

    The girl nodded and stood up from where he had her legs dipped in the pool.

    The two went to the deck where Hyunjin was grilling.

   "What did you want to talk about, papa?"

    "Your dad and I heard a bit of your conversation with Chris and we just wanted to talk to you really quick," Felix said.

  "Papa, please if it is that talk, I am way too young," Viola said.

   "Trust me, that talk your dad can't play rock, paper, scissors to get out of, also, your aunt Yeji will be there. This talk is just about having crushes,"

   Viola relaxed.

   "Okay, what about them?" She questioned.

   "Well obviously they happen and sometimes it is a little scary, but it is fine. Look, first crushes or first loves  they sometimes aren't your forever person. I mean your dad and I are examples of that when we're in love with people and it didn't work out, but now we are happy, so yeah..." Felix trailed off.

  "What if your first love is your forever person?" Viola asked.

  "Then you have your uncle Minho and Uncle Jisung. They were each others first loves and they have become each other's last loves. I mean they split up at one point, but now they cherish each other even more than before.

   Just know that if you do like someone... or even love someone, you can always talk to your dad and I about it and we can try and help," Felix said.

    Viola smiled a little and nodded.

  "Thanks, papa, I will keep that in mind,"

  "Okay... go ahead and go back to Chris, dinner should be done soon,"

    The girl nodded and went back to her best friend.

   "What was that about?"

   "Uh, they wanted to talk to me about first crushes and stuff," Viola said.

   "So did you tell them about...?" Chris asked.

  Viola looked at her parents. Felix sitting on the counter next to the grill eating some strawberries and feeding some to Hyunjin as they talked and laughed.

  "No, not yet..."