Shining Stars (Poppin'Party)

"Part Timer-kun, you're still on the clock, right?"

"Marina-san, yeah... Why?"

"Great! I'll leave you here for now!"

"Eh?! Why all of a sudden?!"

Marina rushes out the door in a hurry.

"Huh... What's happening?"

Let me introduce you to the characters. The girl over there is Tsukishima Marina, a staff member at the Live House named "CiRCLE."

Marina boasts black hair neatly arranged with a fringe to her right, framing a bob cut that falls just onto her shoulders. Her fair complexion is complemented by eyes that shimmer in shades of pink and red.

And me? I'm Nakasone Kyo, the first-ever male staff member at CiRCLE Livehouse.

"But seriously... leaving me alone? I only started this job last Monday!"

Indeed, I was in quite a tight spot financially, all due to one thing: the burning desire to replace a guitar I had recently broken.

That guitar held immense sentimental value, being an old heirloom from my late grandfather. I started tinkering with it some time ago and quickly became enamored.

The strings resonated with me, and I became engrossed in playing, slowly but surely picking up the skill.

The guitar met its unfortunate fate while I was caught in the fervor of playing in my high school classroom. As I was adjusting the tuning pegs, one of them suddenly snapped, causing a chain reaction that resulted in a cacophony of dissonant strings.

Now, here I am, trying to earn enough money to replace it. This job at CiRCLE Livehouse seemed like my best shot.

I let out a sigh, twirling the pen idly atop the reception desk, my boredom palpable.

"Well, I guess I'll just tidy up the place," I mutter to myself, casting a glance at the clock which stubbornly displays noon. The heat of the day seems to seep through the windows, intensifying my feelings of lethargy.

Leaving my post at the reception desk, I venture towards the storage room, my steps echoing softly in the corridor.

Retrieving a broom and dustpan, I begin my task of cleaning the area, the rhythmic swish of the broom against the floor offering a certain kind of solace.

Minutes pass, and I'm still engrossed in my cleaning routine when a sudden sound interrupts the monotony.

The jingling of the entrance bells reaches my ears, drawing my attention toward the doorway. A group of girls, their presence injecting a burst of energy into the otherwise serene atmosphere, has just entered.

"Marina-san! Good afternoon!"

Ah, it's her... Kasumi Toyama, if I recall correctly.

And the rest of the gang is here as well.

Kasumi's gaze shifts to me, and she takes in her surroundings. "Eh?! A new part-timer!?"

I turn towards her and offer a polite bow. "Good afternoon. My name is Nakasone Kyo. I've heard about all of you before... Poppin'Party, isn't it?"

"Oh? That's unusual..." comments the girl with blonde twin-tails. "I'm Ichigaya Arisa."

"What's so unusual?" questions the tall girl with rich, dark brown hair, casting an inquisitive look at Arisa.

"It's not often you find someone working at a live house who's unfamiliar with us," Arisa explains with a touch of amusement.

I can't help but internally cringe at my lack of knowledge about them. I mean, I've always been more into music from video games...

"W-Well, I don't really mind," says the short girl with black hair and warm brown-red eyes, offering a small smile.

"By the way, where's Marina-san?" Kasumi turns her attention back to me.

"Um... About that..."

"I'm assuming she left you here?" Arisa asks, her expression tinged with curiosity.

"G-Good guess," I manage to say with a slight sigh.

Kasumi's excitement seems boundless as she rushes over to me. "Then, can we borrow a studio?!"

Her eagerness is contagious, but I can't help but feel a bit overwhelmed by her proximity.

"Y-Yeah, hold on... Let me see if there's one available," I respond, my nerves slightly flustered. I make my way back to the reception desk and check the bookings for the different studio rooms. "Oh? There's one free, one hour left though."

"Yay!~" Kasumi exclaims with a gleeful clap of her hands.

"Are you guys planning to rehearse?"

"Yeah!"

"I see. Have fun."

The group moves past the reception area, headed towards the studio room they'll be using. I watch them go, a wistful sigh escaping me.

"Lucky... I wish I could play too..." I mutter under my breath.

A soft noise catches my attention.

Leaving the reception desk behind, I step outside and spot a small cluster of cats and kittens nearby. Crouching down, I reach out to them, my hand extending gently to stroke their fur.

Their response is immediate – a harmonious purr fills the air, a soothing chorus that seems to momentarily alleviate the day's stresses.

As my fingers glide through their soft coats, a faint smile tugs at the corner of my lips.

As my hand continues to pat the kittens, a sudden shadow falls over me, causing me to look up.

My eyes meet the gaze of a girl standing there – her presence exuding a sense of cold, fierce intensity, and unmistakable passion.

"E-Ermm... How may I help you?" I manage to stammer out, my voice carrying a hint of nervousness.