The Angel Crisis

It feels like just yesterday that Yashio Rui gave me a glimmer of hope.

Now, with only three days left until Morfonica's live concert, it's all come crashing down...

The heavy atmosphere that greeted me as I stepped into CirCLE after school felt like a weight pressing down on my shoulders. Marina's worried expression near the lounge door only added to the sense of unease that hung in the air.

"Marina-san? What's happening?" I asked, my eyes scanning the room where Morfonica sat, their usual harmony shattered by tension.

Marina's response was heavy with concern. "They've been arguing for about five minutes now."

"Arguing?"

That's impossible... These angels are too kind after all. <-- [A/N: Sorry if I raised Kyo like this.]

The members of Morfonica, usually united in their passion for music, now sat in silence, their faces etched with frustration and discord.

Just then, Rui rose from her seat, her movements purposeful as she made her way to the door, her departure only adding to the sense of disarray.

"Wait, Rui-san!" Mashiro's plea came too late, her voice tinged with urgency as Rui exited the lounge, leaving behind a palpable tension in her wake.

Touko followed suit, her forced smile failing to mask the turmoil that lurked beneath the surface. "I'm going too... I'll see you all tomorrow, everyone," she said, her tone strained as she passed by me.

Left in the aftermath were Nanami, Futaba, and Mashiro, their expressions a mix of confusion and concern as they exchanged glances.

The suffocating atmosphere seemed to thicken with each passing moment, casting a shadow over the once vibrant lounge.

"Part-timer-kun," Marina's voice broke through the heavy air, her eyes pleading for assistance.

God damn it, Marina-san, why are you giving me that look? It's too cute!

I sighed inwardly, knowing exactly where this conversation was headed. Still, I put on a small smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'll handle it."

Marina's grin widened, "Just as I expected. You're always so reliable."

Reliable? More like easily manipulated, I thought to myself but kept the thought to myself as I maintained the façade of cooperation.

As Marina's gaze lingered on me, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for suspecting her intentions. She was only trying to resolve the situation, after all.

"Alright then," I said, steeling myself for the task ahead. "I'll see what I can do."

With a nod from Marina, I turned to face Nanami, Futaba, and Mashiro.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

Nanami exchanged a quick glance with Futaba before responding, "It's not us but Rui-rui and Touko-chan."

"An argument... mind explaining the details?" I prompted, my voice gentle yet firm.

The three of them exchanged glances before nodding in unison.

Nanami took a deep breath, her expression serious. "It all started about an hour ago, just before we were supposed to start rehearsing for our upcoming concert here at CirCLE."

Why do you suddenly want to change my part!?" Touko's voice rang out, a hint of frustration evident in her tone.

Rui's response was calm, almost indifferent. "You enjoy fixating upon senseless things, I see. It was not a big deal... and I already explained it."