Perfectionists (Roselia)

As my hand continues to pat the kittens, a sudden shadow falls over me, causing me to look up. My eyes meet the gaze of a girl standing there – her presence exuding a sense of cold determination, fierce intensity, and unmistakable passion.

"E-Ermm... How may I help you?" I manage to stammer out, my voice carrying a hint of nervousness. Her strong demeanor is somewhat intimidating, and I'm not entirely sure what has drawn her attention to me.

My eyes trail up and down her figure, taking in her gold eyes and the cascade of long silver hair. She gazes at me with a piercingly cold stare. My heart races as uncertainty courses through me.

E-Ermm... What should I do?

"Cute..." she utters, her voice surprising me.

Wait, did she just call something cute? I look around, trying to understand what she might be referring to.

My gaze follows hers, starting from her eyes and trailing down to where her attention seems to be directed – the mother cat and kittens.

They've nestled against me, seeking more attention, their actions almost begging for more pets.

"U-Umm... Do you want to pet them?" I manage to say, my voice carrying a nervous undertone.

"Really?!" She responds with what appears to be genuine excitement, but she quickly composes herself. "Really?"

"Y-Yeah... Go ahead, they're not mine anyway."

"I-I'll take your offer then," she says, her tone reverting to its more usual composed manner. She crouches down slowly and begins petting the kittens resting on my knees.

So, she's just interested in the cats... I had expected her to be much scarier. It's a relief to see this side of her.

As she pets the kittens, I glance at her face, noticing a genuine smile forming as she interacts with the felines.

"Do you perhaps... like cats?"

Her eyes widen momentarily, and she seems taken aback. "N-Not really."

I remain silent, offering her a blank look.

"W-What?" She glances at me with a hint of coldness. "Do you have a problem?"

"N-Nothing..."

Her attention remains on the kittens, and I watch as she continues to pet them. However, our moment is interrupted by the arrival of another girl, who's wearing a school uniform. She has green eyes and long, navel-length light teal hair.

Her gaze shifts between the girl who was petting the kittens and me.

"Yukina-san... What are you doing?" the newcomer questions.

Yukina? So that's her name...

Yukina looks up at the girl. "Oh, Hikawa-san. Sorry, I was just distracted."

"Yeah, I can see that." The girl's gaze lands on me. "And who are you?"

"Ah, Me..." I stand up and quickly bow my head. "My name is Nakasone Ryo. I'm a part-timer here at CiRCLE Livehouse."

The green-eyed girl takes a moment to examine me before speaking again. "Nakasone Kyo? I don't recall seeing you before. Are you new here?"

"Yes, I started just last Monday," I said, trying my best to keep my composure under her gaze.

"I see, my name is Hikawa Sayo. I assume you knew my name, no?"

I shake my head in response.

"Hm, unusual for someone who is working at the live house," she remarks with a faint smile. "Well then, Yukina, shall we go in?"

"Yeah, we need to practice after all," Yukina replies. With that, they both turn to head back into the live house. Yukina's gaze briefly meets mine before she resumes her cool demeanor.

As they walk away, a realization dawns on me. Could they possibly be a band? It's starting to make sense now, but I can't believe I was so clueless earlier.

With a sigh, I make my way back into the live house, returning to my post at the reception desk.

Time passes, and soon three more girls enter the livehouse.

"Erm? Good afternoon," I greet them, trying to maintain a friendly demeanor.

"Oh? A new part-timer? And it's a male..." The first girl's eyes sparkle with interest as she smiles. "Hello~"

"Yeah, hello," I respond, a bit taken aback by her reaction.

"Hmm~ A rare type of person," she said as if I'm some sort of novelty.

Rare? I'm just a regular guy, nothing too extraordinary. But I guess being a male in this role might not be typical.

"G-good afternoon," says the girl behind the first one, her voice slightly shy.

I return her greeting with a nod, wondering if this group is also here to rehearse.

Glancing at the booking book, I discover that all the rooms are taken except for the one occupied by Poppin'Party, with 35 minutes left on their reservation.

"I'm sorry, but the rooms are full and reserved."

"Ah, no no! We're actually from Roselia."

Roselia? The name triggers a faint recognition in my mind.

"Ohh... I see... Room 3," I say with a smile, relieved that I can accommodate them.

"Room 3 it is! Let's go, Rinko~" the short girl with long, light purple hair says, pulling the shy girl – presumably Rinko – along with her toward the studio.

I turn my attention to the girl with the gyaru fashion, who seems to be observing me closely.

"Ermm? What's wrong?" I inquire, slightly self-conscious under her scrutiny.

She raises an eyebrow, her gaze fixed on me. "You don't know us, do you?"

I shake my head, admitting my lack of familiarity.

"So you're an SSR~" she quips, a playful smirk on her lips.

"Ermm... I'm actually just a common." (They're talking about rare types in gacha games such as SSR, SR, R, UC, C)

"Pfft~ Ahahaha~ Good one~" She bursts into laughter, seemingly amused by my response. Extending her arm towards me, she introduces herself. "My name is Imai Lisa."

I accept her arm with a nod. "Nakasone Kyo, the new part-timer."

"I see~ well then, I'll be off now!" She waves goodbye, heading towards the studio with an air of confidence.

As the Roselia members make their way to their reserved room, I pull out my phone and start searching their names online.

"Ohh, so they're that famous, huh..." I mutter to myself, realizing the significance of the group that has just walked into CiRCLE Livehouse. "I guess I really am an SSR." (<--- realizes that he's the type of person who has no knowledge.)