Day 2 - Christmas Trip

I'd been under the weather for a day now, but I was determined to keep up with my producer duties. Despite the girls' persistent suggestions to stay in bed, I found myself seated in front of my laptop, editing the song. My tired eyes strained against the screen's glow.

Aya and Chisato entered my room, their concerned expressions speaking volumes.

"You're in front of the laptop again," Chisato sighed, a mix of worry and exasperation in her voice.

"How are you feeling, Kyo? I brought some rice porridge for you," Aya said gently, placing it on the small table near the bed.

"Thank you," I replied, grateful for their care.

"Seriously, don't force yourself. Rest if you're tired," Aya insisted.

"I'll try," I assured her. "But what about you two? Any updates or good news?"

Chisato hesitated for a moment before averting her gaze. "Um... we're working on it. Sort of... Or not, really."

Their expressions told me more than their words – they were concerned, perhaps knowing that I was pushing myself despite my fever. But as their producer, there is no time to slack off! I, Nakasone Kyo shall finish this!

It had been about an hour, and Chisato grabbed the thermometer to check my temperature again. "Huh? You're already back to normal!?"

"Eh!?" Aya checked the thermometer alongside Chisato.

"Hehe! My body's pretty resilient! Thanks to my mom, I guess!" I boasted, grinning.

Chisato and Aya exchanged a look, their expressions somewhat skeptical. "Yeah, sure..." They replied in perfect unison, which startled me.

"Why are you two speaking in sync?" I raised an eyebrow. "Anyway, where are the others?"

"Practicing," they answered, once again in unison.

"Hina-chan's probably slacking off somewhere," Chisato chuckled.

"Yeah, she doesn't really seem like she's in dire need of practice," Aya added with a wry smile.

Their synchronized responses amused me, but I was more curious about the girls and their practice session. But surely they are practicing.

I stepped outside my room, the distant sound of instruments guiding my way. "Ah, the tuning sounds great." The music beckoned, leading me down the hallway towards the source.

As I approached, I peeked into the practice room, where Pastel*Palettes were fully engrossed in their rehearsal. "Sounds amazing, guys," I called out, leaning against the doorframe.

Maya turned to me with a soft smile. "Thanks, Kyo. Feeling better?"

"Yeah, much better, actually." I nodded.

Hina waved from behind her guitar. "We're really getting there with the song!"

Eve chimed in, her voice filled with enthusiasm. "BUSHIDO! We're doing our best!"

I chuckled at Eve's cheerfulness. "Keep it up, everyone. I'll be here listening." Though, I should do my best.

The melodies echoed in the room, and I found myself enjoying the music, feeling grateful for their dedication despite my absence.

As time passed, I found myself back at my laptop, immersing myself in the creative process. The melodies and lyrics flowed, but doubt lingered. "Will this do?" I mused, questioning the quality of my work.

Suddenly, a knock echoed through the room. "Kyo-san?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, heading to the door. Upon opening it, I was met with a teary-eyed Maya. "Yamato-san!? What's wrong!?"

"Kyo-san..." She sniffled, "Please come to our room quick!"

My heart raced as I followed her, rushing to their room. Upon entering, a playful "Boo!" echoed, and the girls jumped on me in unison. "Uwah! That scared me..."

Chisato smirked mischievously. "Hehe~ Good job, girls! We also got the photo! Nice reaction, Kyo."

"Ohhh~" The four girls clapped in approval, leaving me bewildered.

"Hold on... So you all called me... for this?"

"Yep~ After all, it's time for a night talk!" Chisato grinned as the four girls continued clapping.

"Oi... stop clapping, four of you... and what do you mean by night talk?"

"Well, Kyo! Good question! Night talks are supposed to be done when on a trip as friends! Romantic or scary!" Hina explained.

"I see..." I sighed, realizing I had fallen for their playful antics. "I'm in."

As we settled into the night, Chisato dimmed the lights, setting the eerie mood. "Alright, let's start with a scary story."

"Aya-chan, you start!" Maya cheered, sitting on the edge of her seat.

Aya took a deep breath, beginning a tale about a haunted mansion in the woods. Her narrative painted a vivid picture of spectral apparitions and chilling encounters, each word delivering a spine-tingling sensation.

The room was enveloped in suspense as Aya wrapped up her story with a hair-raising conclusion. "There's no way that could happen, right?" she laughed, trying to ease the tension.

"Nice one, Aya-chan!" Hina clapped enthusiastically.

Uhm... I just realized, where is Wakiyama-san?

"Alright, Maya-chan, your turn!"

Maya, excited and slightly nervous, started her tale, vividly recounting a ghostly encounter in an abandoned amusement park. Her animated storytelling amplified the eerie atmosphere, drawing everyone into her haunting narrative.

Everything went on for a while until Chisato glanced at me, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Kyo, care to share a chilling tale?"

Caught off guard, I stuttered, "Uh, me? I, uh... don't have any scary stories."

"Ehh? Kyo~ You're joking, right?" Hina grinned, nudging me playfully.

Feeling put on the spot, I chuckled nervously. "Well, okay. I'll give it a try."

But uhh... Wakamiya-san is nowhere to be seen...

I heard the door creak and turned around, only to see Wakamiya-san entering the room, fully clad in a samurai outfit, wielding a katana in her hands. "GRAAHHH!!! BUSHIDO!!"

My eyes widened in disbelief. "Wakamiya-san! What on earth are you doing!?"

Before I could react, she charged at me, swinging the "Uwaaa!" I ducked just in time, but she managed to tap me lightly on the head.

"Oww... That hurt, Wakamiya-san! Why me!?" I rubbed my head, feeling a bit flustered. The rest of the girls burst into laughter at the chaotic scene. Despite the unexpected interruption, the room was filled with laughter, turning the night into a hilarious memory we would all remember.

Argh... It still stings.