The Timidly Macaron Hunter

As I finished helping Uehara-san with her social media, my stomach started to grumble. It was finally my lunchtime.

I looked around the studio, and there were no signs of Afterglow or any ongoing practice sessions, which meant I had some time to grab a quick meal.

I decided to leave the reception desk for a while and head out to find something to eat.

I saw Aoba standing in the cafe, and she called out to me, "Na-ka-so-ne-kun," with a slightly timid and monotone voice.

I walked over to her, a little surprised. "Aoba-san, what's up? Alone today?"

"Yeah," she replied. "I decided to try out another macaron."

"Another tower macaron?"

"Yeah," she confirmed, nodding.

"Alright, you're in for a treat then," said with a smile. "Let's get you one."

I led her to the macaron tower, where she could choose the flavors she liked.

Aoba's eyes sparkled with excitement as she made her selection, and I couldn't help but feel happy about helping her satisfy her sweet tooth.

Wait a minute...

Uhm? Aoba-san, It's kinda unusual for you to be alone."

"Really?" she replied with her mouth full of macaron

Please finish your food first.

I should change topics for now.

"So, how's everyone doing?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

Aoba, still enjoying her macaron, replied with a simple "Great."

...

...

Huh? That's it?

Moca leaned in closer, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial tone. "You know, Nakasone-kun, I've been thinking... I might be the best Macaron hunter out there!"

Nakasone raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Macaron hunter?"

Why a random thought?

Moca nodded, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "Yep! I can identify macarons from any bakery just by their taste. I should get an award for this talent!" She said it in a confident tone.

...

Very impressive.

"That's impressive, Aoba-san. But why the sudden interest in macarons?"

Moca's expression turned thoughtful as she tapped her chin. "You know, life can get pretty boring if you don't challenge yourself, right? I mean, we can't be cool if we don't have some quirks."

"That's true..."

"So, Nakasone-kun, if you ever need a macaron expert, you know who to call."

"I'll keep that in mind, Macaron Hunter Aoba-san."+

"He-he-he."

What's with the laugh?

"Hey, Nakasone-kun," Moca began with a sly smile, "I heard something interesting."

"Oh? What did you hear, Aoba-san?"

Probably just another food topic.

Moca's playful demeanor intensified. "Well, rumor has it that someone has been helping out Afterglow behind the scenes."

...

"Oh, really? I wonder who that could be."

Moca's grin widened. "Right? It's pretty mysterious. But I heard they've been doing a great job."

I should tread this carefully and play along.

"Hmm, sounds like they've got a dedicated supporter."

Moca's eyes sparkled as she leaned in closer, lowering her voice. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you, Nakasone-kun?"

Woah too close!

I slowly looked away and gave her a nonchalant shrug, "Well, you know, I'm just the guy behind the desk. I don't know much about the studio business."

Moca's gaze was piercing, but her tone was light as she shrugged and said, "Ah, I see. Well, if you ever happen to come across this mystery helper, tell them I said thanks."

...

"Will do."

Moca gave me a playful salute and then wandered back somewhere.

"Mysterious Helper... huh."

Curiosity piqued, he noticed a small piece of paper on Aoba's table, which had been left behind after the brief conversation. I picked it up and read the simple message, "Thank you for macaron," accompanied by a smiling face.

"Wait... I just realized she didn't pay for the macarons... Oh well, might as well pay it for myself."

With lunchtime behind, I returned to the livehouse, ready to continue my work.

On the other side, in the Afterglow practice studio, Moca rejoined the group. Ran, with her usual serious expression, inquired about Moca's encounter.

"How was it, Moca?" Ran asked with genuine interest.

Moca pondered, looking a bit uncertain. "Hmmm... I don't know."

Tomoe, the ever-determined member of the band, stepped forward, her expression filled with resolve. "Then I'll be the one to make him open up."

A wave of encouragement swept through the group as they applauded Tomoe's commitment. "Ohhh," they chorused.

"Good luck, Tomoe," Himari chimed in.

"Yeah! Leave it to me!" Tomoe declared with unwavering determination.