The Dark Mage of Morfonica

In the middle of a shift at CirCLe, with hours passing by in the blink of an eye. Morfonica had also been practicing diligently during their time here.

I watched them, silently cheering them on and as the day progressed, they bid us farewell and headed home.

Truly, they were like angels gracing us with their music.

"Now then, time to clean," I declared, grabbing my broom with a theatrical flourish as if preparing a legendary weapon. "Let us proceed to the battlefield... ONWARDS!"

With determination in my eyes, I began the task of cleaning, sweeping away dust and diligently mopping the floor. The silent battlefield of cleanliness awaited my triumphant victory.

Ora Ora Ora!!

All done! Next is... The Staff room!!

As I advanced toward the Staff Room with my triumphant broom, a peculiar sight caught my attention. There, in the doorway, lay a black notebook.

"Hm? Did someone drop this?" I bent down and picked it up, examining it closely. No name adorned its cover. My curiosity getting the better of me, I opened the notebook and began flipping through the pages.

The words that met my eyes were not just any words; they were like snippets of a dark magician's incantations, woven into poetic lines. It struck me—it was Ako-chan's notebook.

"Is this... Ako-chan's notebook?"

The phrases, the tone, the unmistakable aura of Ako's style—it couldn't belong to anyone else. My gaze lifted, and there she was, Ako, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"Yeah, no doubt about it... It's Ako-chan."

Oh? It's getting interesting... Let's see.

A maze of affection, a love labyrinth, a grimoire for you and me. The wings sprouting from my back accompany the abyssal darkness.

The echoes of my heartbeat resonate through the void, a silent requiem for a soul bound by chains of shadow.

In the garden of obsidian roses, petals stained with the ink of forbidden desires, I dance with the echoes of eternal night.

Bloody La Vie En Black Rose!

...

The cryptic verses echoed in my mind, and for a moment, I was lost in the labyrinth of Ako's poetic soul. Closing the notebook, I directed my gaze toward the ceiling, contemplating the depths of her emotions.

That's enough for today.

"Nakasone-san?"

I turned to find Mashiro standing in the doorway, her eyes filled with concern.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit... lost." I asked.

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine... Are you cleaning?"

"Ahh, I was just about to start cleaning up this room, why?"

Mashiro's eyes widened as she slowly pointed toward the notebook I was holding.

"U-Uhm... That notebook," she stammered, her expression slightly uneasy.

"Hm?" I looked at the notebook and then turned to her, "Ohh! It's Ako-chan's note—"

"Would you mind returning it back to me?" she interrupted, her request coming with a hint of urgency.

I furrowed my brow, sensing something more to her request. "Sure, but is there a particular reason? Is it important?"

She hesitated for a moment before responding, "It's... personal. I didn't mean for it to be left around."

Personal? Hmm...

"My name is Shadow: he who lurks in the shadows to hunt the shadows," I declared, attempting to mimic the dramatic tone of a character from an anime I had watched last night.

Mashiro's eyes widened in surprise. "Sh-Shadow?!"

I grinned, enjoying her reaction. "Fear not, fair maiden. I am but a guardian of secrets, here to protect the mysteries that dwell in the dark."

Her initial surprise shifted to a mixture of confusion and amusement. "Um... Nakasone-san, are you trying to be a character from an anime?"

I chuckled, dropping the act. "Caught me, huh? Just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Anyway, here you go~"

Mashiro, realizing my playful intention, started shaking. "Nakasone-san... D-Don't tell me..."

I smirked at her, "Resonating with the gravity gnawing at my heart. A maze of affection, a love labyrinth, a grimoire for you and me. The wings sprouting from my back accompany the abyssal darkness," I struck a dramatic pose, putting my hand to my right eye, "Bloody la vie en rose!"

"No!!!~" She exclaimed, thoroughly embarrassed as her face turned red.

Mashiro began to sulk as she grabbed her notebook, a sense of embarrassment lingering on her face.

"Uwah... I'm caught now... I'll get treated as if I have 8th-grade syndrome," she sighed, her eyes blank and her tone monotone.

"Eh?! I-It's okay, Mashiro-chan!" I reassured her, trying to lighten the mood. "Even I have a mind full of imagination and tend to get lost in my fantasies."

Mashiro's expression shifted from sulking to a mix of surprise and relief. "Really?"

"Absolutely! Everyone has their quirks and creative moments. It's what makes us interesting," I said with a smile, hoping to boost her spirits.

Mashiro's determination filled her eyes as she nodded in agreement. "You're right..." she said, gaining confidence.

We shared a chuckle, lightening the mood.

"Well, then, I've got to finish cleaning this room," I said, getting back to the task at hand.

"L-Let me help you," Mashiro offered, surprising me with her eagerness.

"Eh? You don't have to, you know?" I replied, genuinely surprised by her eagerness.

"B-But... It's because of you that you found my notebook... It would've been worse if someone else found it... so please let me help you," she pleaded, her eyes wide, as if her assistance was an act of mercy.

I couldn't help but chuckle at her sincerity, giving her a thumbs up. "Let's do this, ange- I mean... Mashiro-chan!"

The two of us started working together, and with Mashiro's help, cleaning the room became much more manageable. As we wiped away the dust and organized the clutter, our conversation flowed effortlessly.

 As we wiped away the dust and organized the clutter, our conversation flowed effortlessly