The Angels (Morfonica)

After dealing with the spirited high school girls, I found myself once again bored at the reception desk.

Meanwhile, Marina was engrossed in watching a band of equally youthful performers on her phone.

Curiosity getting the better of me, I couldn't resist sneaking a peek at her phone screen.

However, Marina caught me in the act and decided to move her phone where I could easily see it.

"Oh, uhh... thank you," I mumbled, feeling slightly embarrassed at being caught.

"No problem~" Marina's playful grin conveyed her understanding as we both continued to watch the band's performance on her phone.

As the music filled the air, I noticed something unusual – a violin played as part of the band. It was a sight I hadn't encountered before, and I couldn't help but marvel at the blend of instruments.

A violin on a band.

"Curious? Is this perhaps your first time seeing a band with a violin?"

"Marina-san... How did you know what I was thinking? I was in the middle of a monologue."

"Pfft~ Ahahaha! Oh well... seeing your face is enough for me to read it, you know?" She chuckled.

"I see. Well, yes, this is my first time seeing this kind of band... except for orchestras."

Marina tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Is an orchestra even considered a band in the first place? I mean, they are, but they're more focused on classical music."

I nodded in agreement.

It was true – an orchestra was a large ensemble of musicians, typically playing classical compositions. On the other hand, a band usually consisted of a smaller group of musicians, often playing more contemporary genres.

"Marina-san!" Kasumi's voice called out, interrupting our conversation.

"Oh? You guys were here?" Marina looked up with a smile.

"Yeah! We're done!" Kasumi replied cheerfully.

"I see~ Take care, all of you!"

"Thank you, and see you too, Kyo-san!"

"Y-Yeah... Take care."

The Poppin'Party members exited the livehouse, their voices blending into the outside conversations as they continued walking away.

"Since when did you meet those girls?" Marina's playful tone was accompanied by a knowing smirk directed at me.

"Since you ditched me."

"E-Eh? Isn't the word 'ditch' a bit too harsh?" Marina's defense was immediate, though her attempt at innocence didn't quite succeed.

"But you did ditch me!"

"I-I did not! I did say I was leaving!"

Marina's protest was accompanied by a mock pout. It's cute.

"Well, whatever you say, Marina-san." I shrugged.

Marina rolled her eyes with a smile, clearly not one to admit defeat easily. "You're quite the handful, Nakasone-kun."

"I'll take that as a compliment," I said giving her a cheeky grin.

Just then, Marina's phone began to ring, interrupting our banter.

"Oh, be right back," Marina announced, grabbing her phone and stepping outside.

I watched her go, noting the change in her expression – a mixture of smiles and seriousness... and she just sneezed which is cute.

Marina then gestured for me to join her outside.