Little Puppy that Bites

It was exactly 12:00 PM, and after indulging in Hagumi's croquettes, I felt pleasantly full. I stepped out of the cottage, wrapped in a cozy sweater. Kokoro and Hagumi had plans to explore the woods in the mountains later in the afternoon.

Why the sudden interest?

I pondered this as I noticed Misaki descending with a slightly sullen expression.

"What's wrong, Okusawa-san?"

"Ahh... Nakasone-san... I'm sorry."

"Eh?! Why are you apologizing as if you've done something wrong?!"

"Ahh... Actually, I was just watching a camping video on YuuTube when Kokoro sneaked up behind me and noticed what I was watching. And then... she wanted to go camping with everyone."

Ah... I found the source. Why are you even watching a camping video...?

"Everyone! Are we ready?" Kokoro emerged fully equipped, sporting a backpack as she strolled out of the cottage, followed by Hagumi, Kaoru, and Matsubara.

"Ohh!" Hagumi and Matsubara chimed.

"Ara~ It's the little puppy~ Good afternoon." Kaoru greeted me with a wink and a playful smile.

Urgk... That's cringe... Is she seriously calling me 'little puppy'?

As I cringed internally, Kaoru's flamboyant charm took center stage. She slapped me on the back with a grin. "Come on, Gotta toughen up!"

"Yes, yes, I'm on it."

And so, the five of us headed up the mountain, searching for a suitable spot to set up camp. The air was crisp, and the surroundings were serene, until unexpectedly, a blizzard swept in.

"Great... It's winter after all..."

The snow began to fall in thick flakes, obscuring our vision and muffling the sounds of our footsteps. Kokoro, ever the optimist, grinned and exclaimed, "Wow! Snow! This is gonna be an unforgettable camping experience, guys!"

Wow... Just wow... What a bad luck.

Hagumi, with her usual enthusiasm, added, "I've never camped in the snow before! It's like an adventure!"

Misaki managed a small smile... probably a forced one. "Well, I guess we're in for a unique camping trip."

Kaoru, rolled her eyes as she had roses in her mouth. "Come on, it's just a little snow. Adds to the thrill, doesn't it?"

WHERE DID THAT ROSE COME FROM!?

Matsubara, ever calm and collected, suggested, "Maybe we should find some shelter. It's getting pretty intense out here."

As we navigated through the snow-covered terrain, laughter and banter echoed against the backdrop of the blizzard.

"This is a bad idea after all!"

"What are you talking about, Kyo-kun! As long as we put our smiles into it, there's no problem!" Kokoro beamed at me, her positivity undeterred by the swirling snow.

I didn't want to die smiling, though!? That's gonna be messed up!

As we trudged forward, I noticed a small forest in the south direction, still surprised by my own vision that could see through the thick snow.

"Over there!"

"Ohh!~ Good find, Kyo-kun!" Kokoro exclaimed, her enthusiasm contagious. The others quickly followed suit as we made our way towards the shelter of the forest.

The snow intensified, swirling around us like a whimsical dance. Misaki glanced at me, her expression a mix of concern and determination. "Alright, let's get to that forest. We need cover."