A New Way Of Getting Customers

As we made our way to MASKING's ramen restaurant, I found myself stealing glances at LAYER, intrigued by her mature demeanor.

"By the way... LAYER-san," I began, breaking the silence between us.

"Yes, Nakasone-san?" LAYER responded, her attention turning towards me.

"Are you in college?"

LAYER chuckled at my question, her laughter light and melodious. "Do I look like a college student to you?"

"Y-Yeah." To be fair she does look like one.

"Heh, unfortunately, I'm still in high school," LAYER revealed with a smile. "I guess I just have one of those faces that make people think otherwise."

"Eh, really?" I was genuinely surprised.

"Haha, yeah. It happens more often than you'd think," she replied, shrugging casually. "I even once got mistaken for an adult when I tried to watch a movie at the theater. The workers couldn't believe I was still in high school."

"But... LAYER-san," I interjected, a hint of sincerity in my voice, "I think your mature appearance only adds to your beauty."

LAYER's eyes widened in surprise, and she scratched her head sheepishly. "R-Really? Thank you for the compliment," she responded, her cheeks tinged with a faint blush.

As we pushed open the entrance door to the ramen restaurant, we were met with an unexpected sight: emptiness. There wasn't a single customer in sight, leaving the place eerily quiet.

"Uh... Is this normal for a ramen restaurant?"

LAYER glanced around, her brow furrowed in confusion. "Hmm... Maybe it's just because it's still early in the day," she suggested optimistically.

"Or perhaps it's because of that new ramen place that opened up recently."

LAYER nodded in agreement, but before we could delve further into speculation, we were interrupted by a familiar voice. "Well, well, well... Look who we have here. LAYER and Nakasone."

That English accent...

Turning around, we found ourselves face to face with CHU² and PAREO, both of whom seemed surprised to see us.

"Oh, you two! What brings you here at this hour?" LAYER asked.

"We just wanted to check in on MASKING since she's been blowing up the group chat," PAREO explained with a smile.

"LOCK couldn't make it today due to some other obligations," CHU² added.

As if on cue, MASKING greeted us from behind the counter with her usual tough demeanor. "Oh, look who decided to show up – it's the part-timer from CirCLE and LAYER. What can I get for you?"

LAYER glanced at me, silently communicating her order. "Let's start with your special ramen for four people," she said confidently.

"Four people?" MASKING raised an eyebrow in surprise, her expression softening as she noticed the two figures standing behind us. "Ah, you two finally made it! Come on in!"

With that, CHU², PAREO, LAYER, and I entered the restaurant and took our seats, ready to enjoy a meal together.

"But seriously, what's with the emptiness? There isn't a single soul around here," CHU² remarked, her frustration evident in her tone.

"Ahh, that?" MASKING scratched her head in annoyance. "A popular chain opened up nearby, and they're stealing all our customers. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution. It's starting to really get on my nerves."

I could feel the tension in the air as MASKING expressed her frustration.

"I see," CHU² nodded thoughtfully. "So you wanted to have a meeting with us, Raise a Suilen, right?"

"Yeah, that's what I wanted."

"Then don't worry! PAREO, bring me the list of improvements for Galaxy Ramen! We'll revamp it to draw in a billion more customers!" CHU² declared with determination.

"Yes! CHU²-sama!" PAREO wasted no time, rushing out of the store and returning almost immediately with the list.

THAT FAST!?

And so, as we continued to enjoy our ramen, the four of us began brainstorming ideas to revitalize Galaxy Ramen.

"How about we turn this place into a planetarium?" CHU² suggested enthusiastically.

"Isn't that a bit too out there?" MASKING countered.

"What if Raise a Suilen performs at CirCLE to promote Galaxy Ramen?" I interjected, raising my hands with excitement.

"Ah, that's a brilliant idea!" CHU² exclaimed but then turned to me with a hint of suspicion. "You just want us to perform at the livehouse, don't you?"

"Well, it's a win-win situation!" I defended myself.

"Now, now, Nakasone-kun's suggestion hits the mark, so we should definitely consider it," PAREO chimed in, diffusing the tension.

CHU² settled back into her seat and turned to LAYER. "What about you, LAYER? Any ideas?"

"Hmmm... Free rice?" LAYER suggested tentatively.

The room fell silent as we processed her suggestion.

"Very... normal," we all said in unison.

"But we've already tried that, you know?" MASKING pointed out.

"S-Sorry," LAYER apologized softly, breaking the silence that had settled over the room.

The atmosphere grew tense once again, each of us lost in our own thoughts, until PAREO suddenly raised her hand.

"How about this!" PAREO exclaimed, eagerly scrolling through her phone before turning the screen to show us. "Waitress Dress Up at Animal Cafe, 100% Success?"

"No, no, no. Cosplaying at a ramen joint doesn't make any sense! And MASKING in a cute outfit is nonsense," CHU² dismissed the idea with a shrug.

"Aww... So it's no good?" PAREO's enthusiasm waned.

But then, surprisingly, MASKING spoke up. "No... This might actually work."

CHU², PAREO, LAYER, and I exchanged surprised glances.

Eh? Seriously?

And so... we decided to make this work and so, the next day, LAYER and I found ourselves coincidentally walking the same route.

"Oh, are you also heading to Galaxy Ramen?" I asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to see the result," LAYER replied.

"Same," I nodded in agreement.

As we walked together, our anticipation grew, and soon we arrived at Galaxy Ramen. But what we saw left us speechless.

"Amazing... the line wraps around the block," LAYER exclaimed, her eyes widening in shock.

"Yeah..."

"Anyway, I should send this to the group chat and congratulate MASKING," LAYER said, taking a picture before sending it to their group chat.

The success of the plan was evident, and it was clear that our efforts had paid off.

By the way, If you're wondering what made this place became popular, It's probably because of MASKING wearing a bunny outfit (Not the bunny suit).