Truth

Something doesn't feel right...

I just arrived at CirCLE Livehouse ready to start my part-time shift when I was greeted with an unexpected sight... That is...

"What's with this... again?" I muttered, eyeing CHU² skeptically.

"Ah, Nakasone-san, right on time," CHU² exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "We're having another duel!"

I groaned inwardly. "Another duel? Can't we just... not?"

CHU² chuckled. "Oh, but this time, it's different. We have the support of the entire RAS team!" She gestured behind her, where PAREO, MASKING, LOCK, and LAYER stood.

You're not listening to me.

"I only got dragged here by the way," MASKING mumbled, earning a nod of agreement from LAYER.

"Come on, you two, show some enthusiasm!" CHU² scolded lightly before turning back to me. "So, what do you say? Are you up for the challenge?"

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm guessing I don't have much of a choice?"

CHU² grinned mischievously. "You catch on quick."

"Great," I muttered sarcastically. "Just what I needed, another musical showdown."

"Musical showdown? I guess that's what you're calling it, but... This time... You'll have to perform on a stage with an audience!"

"...WHAT!?"

"Haha! I finally found your weakness! Crowds, right!?"

"...Wrong?"

CHU²'s confident smirk faltered, replaced by a look of confusion. "Hmph, you don't have to pretend to be tough."

"Uh, no, not really. I don't have a fear of crowds."

"Eh?"

...

"Uh, yeah... I've performed in front of crowds before, so it's not really a weakness."

I've performed on the street with my guitar before.

"Wait, seriously?" CHU² blinked in surprise. "But I thought..."

"Nope, no stage fright here," I said with a nonchalant shrug.

CHU² seemed momentarily flustered before regaining her composure. "Well, that's... unexpected. But it doesn't change the fact that we're still going to have a showdown!"

Right... Even though crowds don't bother me, there's still something about this showdown that doesn't sit quite right with me.

...

Oh, whatever, Maybe it's just me overthinking things...

"Marina-san," I interjected, relieved to have her attention diverted from the impending showdown. "CHU²-san here thinks it's a good idea to have another musical duel."

Marina's expression shifted to one of concern as she glanced between CHU² and me. "Another duel? But why?"

CHU² crossed her arms defiantly. "To settle things once and for all, of course."

"Settle what exactly?" Marina pressed, her tone tinged with skepticism.

CHU² hesitated, searching for an answer. "Well... musical supremacy, obviously!"

Marina raised an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "And how is a duel supposed to achieve that?"

CHU² opened her mouth to respond, but before she could, PAREO chimed in. "CHU²-sama believes that a public performance will determine the superior band between Raise a Suilen and Nakasone-san's solo act."