Just a coincidence

I sighed, feeling the fatigue settling in, as I walked out of the school gates. "Those guys seriously are troublesome... especially Soumei... That guy ditched his cleaning duty, and the teacher suddenly pinned it on me."

A wave of exhaustion washed over me. Maybe taking a break today would be a good idea.

With no shift at CirCLe, I contemplated spending some leisure time at the arcade.

As I made my way towards the mall district, a familiar figure caught my attention. "That's... Hiromachi Nanami from Morfonica... right?" I squinted my eyes to confirm. "What the hell is she doing?"

There she was, Hiromachi Nanami, the bassist of Morfonica, playing Monopoly in the park, all by herself.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to approach her. As I got closer, I could see her focused expression, analyzing the Monopoly board.

"Hiromachi-san, what brings you to the park today?" I asked, trying not to startle her.

She looked up, slightly surprised, then smiled warmly, "Oh, Nakasone-san! Just taking a break and enjoying a game of Monopoly. Care to join?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Monopoly in the park? Alone?"

She chuckled, "Well, it's a good way to relax and clear my mind. Plus, I enjoy the strategy of the game."

ALONE?

"Fair enough. Mind if I join in?"

Her eyes sparkled with excitement, "Not at all! Join! Join!"

"Where are the others?"

Hiromachi Nanami looked up from the Monopoly board, "Hm? Ohh~ Just for student council business."

"Ah..."

A brief silence settled between us, and I took the opportunity to observe the surroundings. The gentle rustling of leaves, the distant chatter of people enjoying the park.

"So, Nakasone-san, how's everything on your end?" Hiromachi asked, breaking the silence with genuine curiosity.

I leaned back, considering her question. "Oh, you know, the usual mix of school, work, and unexpected encounters like this one. Just trying to navigate the maze of everyday life."

Let me tell you... I have formed a contract with a dark angel

Her laughter rang out, a melodious sound amidst the park's ambiance. "I can relate to that. Life's a bit like a Monopoly game, isn't it? Unexpected turns, surprises, and sometimes, a bit of luck."

I nodded, appreciating the analogy. "True. And speaking of unexpected turns, how did you end up playing Monopoly alone in the park?"

Her eyes gleamed mischievously. "Well, it started with a random idea, and here I am. Sometimes, a solo game is just what I need to unwind."

That's too sad?!

"By the way, I was heading to the arcade myself, wanna go with me?" I suggested, gauging Nanami's interest.

Nanami's eyes sparked with excitement. "Really?!"

"Y-Yeah."

Her enthusiasm surprised me. "Then! Let's go!"

Are you really that eager to go?

So, the two of us headed to the district mall and then the arcade. As we walked, I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation.

"All right then... For starters, have you ever visited an arcade?" I asked, curious about her gaming experience.

She shook her head. "This is my first time."