A Fun Beach Day

Missing Piece...

I wonder what it is...

"Nakasone-kun!" Kasumi called out to me while running toward me.

"Toyama-san, What's up?"

"Are you not gonna swim with us?"

Eh?

"Erm... I think I'll be fine right here."

"Eh? Come on come on!!" She then grabbed my hand then pulled me.

"Wait wait!"

The heat started to intensify as she dragged me towards the water with her, I couldn't help but smile.

Maybe a little break in the cool ocean would do us all some good? Well, It is certainly a good idea. Shouldn't have wasted this fun beach day after all!

Then I playfully splashed some water at Toyama.

"Wha!? You've done it now! Take this!"

She retaliated with a bigger splash, catching me off guard. I laughed and splashed back, but she fought back even faster.

"Hey! That's not fair! You're too energetic!"

Toyama grinned mischievously. "Well, you're just too weak! Ahahahaha~"

Our playful water fight continued until both of us were thoroughly exhausted. We flopped onto the beach.

"Okay, okay, I give up," I gasped for breath, "you win, Toyama-san. You're the water fight champion."

She giggled and smiled, water droplets glistening on her face. "Right! You may call me the water champion from now on!"

"Haha... Right."

We sat down on the sand for a while, catching our breath, and watching the waves roll in.

"By the way, where are the others?"

"Hm? Ohhh! They were gonna rent a beach house!" Kasumi replied with excitement.

"Eh? Why didn't they say anything? I would've helped them," I said, standing up and patting the sand off my knees.

"Right! Let's help them!"

"Yeah." I extended my hand to her, and she smiled as she grabbed it.

we then walked along the beach toward the beach house, The two of us were silent and then Kasumi spoke up.

"By the way, Nakasone-kun, why are you working at CirCLE?" Kasumi asked.

I took a moment to think about my answer. "Well, it's partly because I need to repair my guitar I broke, and partly because I wanted to save up."

"Repairing a guitar, huh?" Kasumi said thoughtfully. "Ohh!~ Do you play?!"

"Yeah, I do," I replied. "I've been playing for like... I don't remember."

Kasumi's eyes lit up with curiosity. "That's awesome! You'll have to play for us sometime. Maybe even join us!"

"I'd be happy to, Toyama-san. But I'm no professional, just a guy who likes strumming some chords."

"That's all you need to be," she said with a smile. "Passion is what counts the most."

"Passion... huh?" I replied with a smile. I looked down at the sand, lost in my thoughts.

Well, at first, when I was clueless about music, the first instrument I ever played was a guitar - my dad's guitar. I was utterly perplexed as I looked at the strings on the guitar and tried to make some sounds.

That's where my musical journey began.

It's kind of ridiculous when I think about it now, but that's where I first invested my time learning how to play a guitar. I used to sneak into my dad's room and borrow his guitar.

I remember attempting to play one of Mr. Minato's songs as well. It feels absurd thinking back on it now.

"What about you, Toyama-san? How and when did you start playing guitar?"

"Hmmm." Kasumi looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Well, If I remember, I was about to go home from school until I noticed stars on the wall. There were lots of stars on the wall, and I followed them until I stumbled across the guitar! Do you want to know the name of the guitar?"

"Yeah, What's the name?"

"It's called 'Random Star'!"

"Ohhh? So that's the name..."

"And then that's where I also met Arisa! Though she assumed I was a thief at first, ehehehe..."

"Well, You probably trespassed right?"

"I-I did..."

"Right... and?"

"Then it's also where I visited the first live house!"

"I see, I see... and?"

"That's where I was inspired to start my own band!"

"I see... Then how did you learn how to play the guitar?"

"Hmm... O'Tae!"

"Hm? Hanazono-san?"

"Yeah! She was the one who taught me more about the guitar! Well, She kinda called me 'weirdo' for playing the Random Star..."

"Weirdo? Why?"

"Because I was using the Random Star Guitar...!"

"Ahh... Then let me change the question... What was Poppin'Party's first-ever song?"

"Ahh! It's 'Tokimeki Experience!'"

"Eh? That's kind of a weird name for a first song..."

"Don't call it weird!" She pouted.

"Hahaha, Sorry sorry."

We then reached the beach house, and the rest of Poppin'Party was eagerly setting up what looked like a beachside barbecue. The tantalizing aroma of grilling food wafted through the air, making my stomach growl.

"Oh? You two! You're finally here!" Arisa exclaimed as she skewered a stick with more vegetables than meat.

"Well, I was just about to come get you two," Saaya chimed in between bites of barbecue.

"Sorry!" Kasumi replied with a smile that carried an apologetic undertone. "Ahh! Arisa, I want more meat!"

"No! You need to eat your vegetables!"

"That's my line!"

"Here you go, Nakasone-san," Tae offered me a skewer of barbecue.

"Thank you."

"Rimirin~ Arisa is being meaniee~" Kasumi playfully hugged Rimi from behind, feigning tears.

"Wah! Don't make me out to be the bad guy here!"

I observed the lively scene as the Poppin'Party bantered while eating the barbecue.

I'm glad I came here. I'm actually having "fun" right now.

Feeling a bit mischievous, I slowly grabbed my phone and attempted to take a sneaky selfie.

"Ah! Nakasone-kun is trying to take a photo!" Arisa quickly caught on to my attempt.

A chorus of "Re-do! Re-do!!" echoed from Kasumi and the others.

I chuckled and smiled as I retook the picture, capturing this moment.