Snacks and Bushido!

I strolled through the morning sunlight, the crisp air invigorating after a night of work. As I headed to deliver the modules back to school, a familiar figure caught my attention on a nearby bench.

 It was Wakamiya-san, engrossed in her snacks of dango and mochi.

"Hm? That's Wakamiya-san... Right?" I approached quietly, observing her enthusiasm for the Japanese treats.

What is she doing early in the morning...? Skipping school?

"Mmmm~ Mmmm~ Mochi and dango are a great combination! As expected! BUSHIDO!"

I chuckled to myself, remembering that Eve Wakamiya-san was of both Japanese and Finnish descent.

"Good morning, Wakamiya-san."

"Eh? Oh, good morning!" She looked up, surprised.

"Mind if I join you?" I gestured to the empty spot on the bench.

"Not at all! Please, have a seat!" Eve smiled brightly, making room for me.

I took a seat, glancing at the dango and mochi. "That looks delicious. Is it a traditional breakfast for you?"

"Yes! I love starting my day with sweets. It's refreshing!"

Wakamiya-san... I don't think eating dango and mochi counts as breakfasts in Japan...

"But aren't you supposed to be at school?" I gently prodded, my tone light but concerned.

Her cheerful demeanor faltered for a moment. "Oh, uh... really?"

I nodded. "You're not skipping, are you?"

She swallowed hard, looking a bit guilty. "I-I'll admit it, it may seem like I am... I just wanted to try these out!" She gestured to the dango and mochi, half-eaten ones in her hands, and one already in her mouth.

I chuckled softly. "They're tempting, I understand."

Eve's face lit up. "You should try some too! It's worth it, I promise."

"I believe you," I chuckled, amused by her enthusiasm. "But school's important too, Wakamiya-san."

Her expression turned sheepish. "Yeah, I know. I couldn't resist the temptation!"

"I get that, But maybe after you've finished your classes?"

"S-Sorry," Eve murmured, her eyes cast downward.

Oh, shoot... I made her sad! My affection points will go down at this rate!

"No worries. How about this? After I drop off these modules, wanna go grab some snacks?" I suggested, offering a friendly smile.

"R-Really?!" Her eyes lit up with excitement.

"Yeah! Let's go!" I nodded, matching her enthusiasm.

"Alright then! Lead the way! Bushido!" Eve exclaimed, her voice filled with a mix of genuine enthusiasm and a humorous touch that was quintessentially her.

She always had this quirky way of expressing herself, often mixing in terms like "Bushido" even in everyday conversations. It made her unique and always kept things interesting.

Wait, Now that I realized... Isn't it a date?

And so, we entered my school, drawing more attention than I was comfortable with. Whispers followed us.

"Dude, Nakasone is with that idol."

"No way! That's Wakamiya Eve from Pastel*Palettes!"

"First, Roselia, now PasuPare? What a lucky guy!!"