The Air-headed Genius

After a few hours of rest, I awoke groggily and fumbled for my phone to check the time.

7 PM...

I shot up from my makeshift nap spot, suddenly wide awake. "It's 7 PM!?"

"7 PM," a calm voice confirmed. I turned to see Hanazono-san, who had apparently come to retrieve me. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Dinner?"

"E-Eh? Dinner? Y-Yeah," I stammered, feeling a bit disoriented after my unexpected nap.

It seemed I had lost track of time while working on the song.

My body felt a bit stiff from the uncomfortable nap, but the thought of dinner was more than enough to motivate me. I got up from the chair and stretched my arms.

I followed Hanazono-san out of the beach house

"So... What's for dinner tonight?"

She didn't reply.

A bit perplexed by her lack of response. Did she seem lost in thought or perhaps just not in the mood for conversation? Let me try again.

"Hanazono-san, What's for dinner tonight?"

After a moment of silence, she finally replied, "It's a surprise. You'll find out when we get there."

Her cryptic response only deepened my curiosity, but I decided not to press further and simply followed her lead, eager to see what awaited us for dinner.

Under the evening sun, we walked together in silence, and I couldn't help but appreciate the serene atmosphere of the beach. Eventually, we arrived at a cozy beachside restaurant that seemed to be a local favorite.

As we settled into our seats, Hanazono, ever the relaxed soul, glanced around and remarked, "This place has a good vibe, like a well-tuned guitar."

I nodded looking around then checked the menu on the table.

The menu was filled with various seafood dishes and other local specialties. I found myself eager to try the regional flavors, and I wasn't alone in my excitement.

"Hello Everyone!~" Kasumi, who sat down beside me, practically squealed with delight. "Wow, this all looks amazing! I want to try everything!"

"You can't have all you know? We don't have much money, Plus we're leaving soon and we haven't completed our song."

Amid the silence that followed, I decided to break it. "I'll have the grilled fish."

Kasumi, with her ever-enthusiastic nature, raised her hand and exclaimed, "Bluefin Tuna Sushi!"

"I'll have what Nakasone-san's having," Saaya added, opting for the grilled fish.

Arisa, in her characteristic pragmatic manner, sighed and stated, "I want Bluefin Tuna Sushi as well."

Hanazono chimed in with a smile, "Then, I'll also have Nakasone-kun's choice."

Rimi, typically more reserved, softly muttered, "M-Me too."

As we fell into another bout of silence, Hanazono was the one to shatter it this time.

"By the way, Nakasone-san," she began, her voice calm and casual.

"Yes? Hanazono-san?" I replied, turning my attention to her.

"You did this tempo wrong," she said, her finger pointing at the laptop screen she held in her hands.

I looked at the screen, and she continued, "The BPM here is quite low, and there's a tempo transition issue in this part."

I nodded, "Ahh... Thank you, Hanazono-san," I said with a smile.