Idols need to stay in shape

After a long night of brainstorming, we had at least completed the first stanza of the song, though it was far from finished. With Shirasagi-san soundly asleep in her chair, I decided to cover her up with my jacket. Glancing at the clock on the wall, it read 7:30 AM.

"I should go buy some breakfast at the convenience store," I thought.

Closing my laptop, I stood up and turned to Chisato. "I'll be off for a bit," I whispered. Though she didn't respond, lost in her dreams, I carefully covered her with my jacket.

I quietly left the production room and headed out of the agency building. There should be a convenience store around here, I thought. After a few minutes, there it was.

As I was about to enter, I noticed a familiar figure approaching me.

"Maruyama-san? Good morning," I greeted, offering a smile.

"Hm? Nakasone-kun? What are you doing here?" Aya asked, curiosity in her eyes.

"Just buying breakfast."

Aya turned to the convenience store. "Here?"

"Yeah, I stayed up all night wi-" I paused, catching myself. "Myself after all."

"Oh yeah... I heard that the new song was Christmas-themed?"

"That's right."

"I'm looking forward to it."

"You better." We both grinned, sharing a moment of camaraderie.

"What about you? Are you jogging by yourself?" I looked at her up and down, noticing her gray sweatshirt. "You also don't have your disguise on... what if you suddenly get crowded?"

"Hehe, don't worry! I can handle it!" Aya said confidently, a hint of mischief in her eyes.

"I see." I entered the convenience store, and Aya followed. Turning to her, I said, "What is it?"

"I'm also hungry and haven't had breakfast too."

"Oh, good timing. The thre-" I paused for a bit, "Two of us can eat together."

"Your treat?" Aya smirked playfully.

"Ha? I'm trying to save up here."

"Tch, stingy."

"I have no money right now, so I'm saving up," I explained, and Aya chuckled, understanding the situation.

Aya and I stood in front of the convenience store's bento section, and she glanced at my choices.

"So what are you picking?"

"Tonkatsu Bento and... Omelette Bento."

"Hm? You're buying two?"

I hesitated for a moment. I didn't want Aya to find out about Shirasagi-san sleeping in the production room.

"Y-Yeah."

"Oh? I guess boys have more appetite than girls, huh."

I chuckled nervously, "Y-You could say that...!"

Aya narrowed her eyes, sensing something was off. "What's with you stammering a lot? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine! I'm fine! I am fine!"

"Don't speak English all of a sudden." Aya sighed, amused, as she also chose the Tonkatsu Bento. "I'll take this one."

"Alright..."

As we approached the cashier, the subtle tension between us dissolved as we purchased our bento.

"Dine in or Take out?" the cashier asked.

I noted, "My two purchases are dine-in, while the other one is take-out."

Aya chimed in, "Dine in too!"

"Okay! Please wait for a minute." The cashier placed the two bentos in the microwave and set it to reheat.

Aya and I strolled to an empty seat, anticipation in the air as we waited for the bentos to finish reheating.

"So? How was the progression of the song?"

I nodded with a smile, "Doing well."

"Really?!" Aya's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Yeah, I actually managed to record that on my phone."

"Woah! That's amazing, Nakasone-kun! Can I listen?!"

"Sure, though... It's just one stanza." I took out my phone and played the recording for her.

Aya's eyes locked onto mine, "It was a nice song, but is it just me, or am I hearing Chisato-chan in the background?"

Woah woah those eyes of yours are scary

I hesitated, slowly averting my eyes.

"Why are you averting your eyes?"

"..."

Aya smirked, "I see, so that's why you brought two bentos."

I sighed, realizing my attempt at secrecy had failed. Aya chuckled, seemingly amused by the situation.

As the microwave dinged, indicating that our bentos were ready, we headed back to the counter to collect them. The cashier handed us the warm bentos and went back to our table to dine in.

"Shall we?" I said, maintaining my smile.

"Right."

The two of us opened our bentos, and the delightful aroma wafted toward us as we took our first bites. The flavors mingled, creating a moment of shared enjoyment.

After we finished our meal, we stepped out of the convenience store.

"Are you heading back to the production room?" Aya asked.

"Yeah, I have to give this to Shirasagi-san."

"I see. Well, I'll go there later! See ya!" Aya then jogged off in the opposite direction.

"Yeah..." She's actually serious about making her stay fit.

I returned to the agency building, headed straight for the production room, and woke Chisato up to offer her the bento I brought. Instead of a grateful response, I felt an intense aura emanating from her.

"Nakasone-kun~"

"Y-Yes? Shirasagi-san."

"Why did you buy me a bento"

Woah, I can feel her intense aura.

"Shirasagi-san, Is it not your liking?"

"No, the problem is... WHY IS IT LARGE BENTO!"

"Well, you see, I thought you might be hungry, and, um, I may have underestimated the portion size," I stammered.

She blinked, seemingly caught off guard by my explanation. "You thought I'd be hungry...?"

I nodded nervously. "Yeah, and I got you your favorite—tonkatsu bento!"

"Tonkatsu... is not my favorite!"

As the days passed I realized Shirasagi-san seemed to be avoiding certain types of food, particularly sweets. It dawned on me that she might be on a diet.

I guess Idols have it rough.