A Night With Afterglow

As I finished up my tasks for the day, I made sure to double-check that the livehouse was properly closed. I couldn't afford any surprises in the morning, especially with the fear of vandalism looming over my head.

I couldn't help but wonder how Marina-san was doing at that moment. I had a habit of worrying about her when she was away.

-....-

Somewhere, Marina-san sneezed twice, feeling a sudden urge to check on her friends. "Is someone talking about me?"

"Hey, what are you muttering about?" Her friend questioned, her attention still glued to her phone.

"Oh, nothing."

-....-

I returned to the front door of the CirCLE after a few minutes, satisfied that everything was secure. "All done."

"You're right."

"Yeah."

...

...

I immediately turned to her, "Mitake-san?!"

"Yo, took you long enough to notice me," she greeted me casually.

I was taken aback but more surprised.

"Wait, were you waiting here the whole time?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

She smirked, "Because you seemed to be in your own world, enjoying yourself."

I couldn't argue with that, but it still surprised me that she had been there the whole time without me realizing it.

Am I actually blind?

"So... Is there something you need to talk about?" I asked as we began walking.

"Yeah, that's mainly why I'm here."

"True... Shall we walk, then?"

Ran agreed, and we strolled along the bustling street, surrounded by people and the sounds of vehicles. The night was as lively as ever.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I inquired.

Ran didn't respond immediately, but eventually, she opened up, "First... I... I want to thank you."

"Thank me? That's unusual for you, Mitake-san."

"Shut up and let me finish!" She sighed and looked away. "Actually, you know that I've had a rivalry with Minato-san, right?"

I nodded.

"After that one song and the music video that catapulted them even higher... It felt like I couldn't reach that level anymore."

Sorry.

"So, you've always strived to be at the top, to surpass them... Roselia."

"That's right." Ran hesitated, then stopped walking, turning to face me. "So, Nakasone-kun, will you...-"

But then a sudden rumbling sound interrupted her, and Ran's face immediately turned red.

"Mitake-san, are you perhaps..." I began to ask, trying to stifle my laughter.

"Shut up! Don't say a word!"

Oh god! I couldn't hold back my laughter any longer.

"Hey! Why are you laughing!?"

"Hahaha~ Nothing... So, shall we grab some ramen now?"

Ran looks away pouting slightly.

I suppose that's a no?