Just When Things Gets Interesting

I peered out of the window of the limousine as we ascended the winding mountain roads.

The scenery was breathtaking, with snow-dusted trees and a serene atmosphere enveloping us. Despite my confusion about the sudden trip, the picturesque view captivated me.

"Wow! Look at that view! It's so pretty!" Hagumi exclaimed, pressing her face against the window, eyes wide with wonder.

"Yeah, the snow makes everything look magical," Kaoru added, her gaze fixed on the picturesque landscape.

Kokoro's excitement was palpable. "I can't wait! This is gonna be so much fun!" she chimed in, her eyes gleaming with anticipation.

Misaki observed the surroundings with a calm demeanor, occasionally glancing out the window with a hint of curiosity.

Soon, we arrived at the mountain cottage, a majestic structure that looked more like a grand mansion.

Are we sure this is a cottage?!

A warm fireplace was already crackling in the center, casting a cozy glow across the room.

"Wow! This place is huge!" Hagumi gasped, eyes darting around the spacious interior.

"It's like a winter wonderland inside!" Kaoru marveled, her enthusiasm matching Hagumi's.

Kokoro's smile widened as she surveyed the cottage. "Perfect for our Christmas getaway!"

"Um, what are we supposed to do here?"

"We can play games, make some yummy food, and just have a blast!" Kokoro suggested cheerfully, her excitement contagious.

As I ventured through the cottage, my curiosity led me to an open door. Peeking inside, I saw Misaki taking off her bear head, revealing herself as Michelle.

"Oh." I blinked, caught off guard.

Michelle chuckled. "Nakasone-san! Haha~"

"You don't have to make it so obvious," I chuckled softly, acknowledging her unmasked identity.

She sighed, adjusting the bear head. "Where is Kokoro?"

"Kokoro?" I mused, turning back toward the lounge. "Huh? Where did they go?"

"It seems like they've stepped outside..."

"W-woah!"

S-Sorry," Misaki stammered, surprising me with her sudden presence.

Outside, cheerful voices drifted in through the large window, calling out to us. "Misaki! Kyo! Come out! Let's build a snowman!"

"It's fun out here! Come on, guys!" Hagumi's enthusiastic voice filled the air.

I smiled at Misaki, "Shall we join them?"

Misaki nodded hesitantly. "Sure... But it's kinda cold though."

As we stepped outside, the brisk mountain air greeted us. "Brrr... So cold..." The landscape was pristine, covered in a soft blanket of snow that sparkled.

"Let's build the biggest snowman ever!" Kokoro beamed, scooping up a handful of snow and patting it into a ball.

"Yes, we shall construct a colossal ice guardian that will guard our sanctuary with its icy embrace!"

Misaki chuckled softly, shaking her head. "She always knows how to make a simple thing sound so extravagant."

Hagumi and Kanon were already gathering snow.

"Come on, Misaki! Kyo-san! Let's do this together!"

Aarrghh... Where did her energy come from?

As the moonlight cast its gentle glow upon the snow-covered landscape, exhaustion crept up on me.

"Ahh... I'm tired and cold," I yawned, rubbing my arms for warmth.

"You're right... Kyo! Let's go eat! Eat!" Kokoro chirped with her usual enthusiasm, tugging at my arm.

"Ehh? But I want to sleep..."

I still want to know my purpose here too.

"Come on now~ I'm sure you'll like what I cooked!" Kokoro insisted, pulling me into the cottage, leaving the others still frolicking in the snow.

"What is it?"

"Hehe! I want you to try this!" Kokoro rummaged through a bag and, after a moment, pulled out a small box.

"Hm? Bento?"

"Yeah! Actually! I cooked it!"

I clapped gently. "Woah... You can cook?"

"Yeah! I want everyone else to try out my cooking too, but since you're a boy, I want you to try it first!"

"Why me..."

"I heard that boys have more appetites!"

"T-That's true..." I glanced at her and the bento box, the mouthwatering aroma wafting from it. But despite the tempting smell, I knew I needed rest.

"Kyo?" Kokoro looked up at me, her eyes wide with concern. "Is it... a no?"

Her adorable expression was almost irresistible.

Argh, how can she look so worried...?!

I hesitated, feeling torn between my desire for some rest and not wanting to disappoint Kokoro.

"Kyo-kun! Kokoro! Look what we made!" Hagumi and the others burst into the cottage, interrupting our moment.

Kokoro smiled brightly. "Oh! Let's eat together, everyone! Come on, Kyo! You too!"

With their cheerful presence, my tiredness seemed to fade a little.

Maybe I could sneak in a quick bite of the bento without hurting Kokoro's feelings. After all, her cooking deserved a taste, and I couldn't resist her insistence... She's cute too.

Wait, hold up, what am I thinking?! I need to taste her cooking!

I gingerly lifted the lid of the bento and peeked inside. "Is... this... curry?"

Curry? Why would Kokoro be worried about curry?

Curiosity nudged me to investigate further. With a pair of chopsticks from the lid, I hesitantly took a bite.

My eyes widened in shock. "Crap... I can't feel my mouth." The intense spiciness hit me like a sudden wave, and I dropped to the floor, clutching my mouth in agony. The group immediately noticed my distress.

"Eh?! Kyo-kun!?"

"What's wrong Nakasone-san!?"

Despite feeling knocked out, I was aware of the others panicking and rushing to help me. The heat in my mouth persisted, causing intense discomfort.

The fiery sensation was unbearable. Kokoro... she must've added too much spice.

The voices of the HelloHappyWorld members echoed in the room as they scrambled to assist me. I could barely comprehend their words amidst the burning sensation tormenting my mouth.