Unpolished Melodies

As I dozed off during lunchtime, I felt a gentle pat on my back, and a familiar voice disrupted my peaceful nap.

"Nakasone-kun~"

I reluctantly opened my eyes and turned to Soumei, who was looking at me with amusement.

"What?" I mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Uwah... What happened to your eyes? Did you even sleep at all?" he asked, genuine worry in his voice.

I rubbed my eyes and shot him a puzzled look, "What do you mean?"

He let out a sigh, took out his phone, and swiftly snapped a picture. Then, he turned the screen toward me.

"Look at yourself."

I reluctantly peered at the screen. To my surprise, my eyes were adorned with noticeable dark circles and bags. Well, I hadn't noticed that before. Maybe staying up late studying was too much.

I was never studious anyway.

Maybe it's because of Tsukishi-san's determination, I also got caught by her.

"Heh, I guess I got a bit carried away," I admitted with a half-hearted smile.

Soumei chuckled, "You really need to take care of yourself, Nakasone-kun. Don't burn the midnight oil too often."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll keep that in mind."

Easier said than done.

I leaned back in my chair during a rare moment of relaxation, idly scrolling through my phone as lunchtime drifted by. Among the sea of social media posts, a familiar face caught my eye.

"Hm?" I murmured, tapping on the image for a closer look. "Isn't this Kirigaya Touko? She's the bassist of Morfonica, right? Or was it RAS? Ahh, I can't remember..."

With a shrug, I clicked on her profile and noticed a red "Live" icon superimposed on her profile picture.

"Oh? She's live?" I raised an eyebrow with curiosity. "Let's see what she's up to."

I tapped on the icon, and within moments, Kirigaya Touko's livestream began playing. She was seated in what appeared to be a cozy room, her electric guitar resting against her shoulder. As she greeted her viewers with a warm smile, I couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity.

"Hey there, everyone!" she chirped, her voice cheerful and inviting. "I thought I'd hop on here and play a few tunes for you all. Hope you're ready to rock!"

Ohhh~ I remember now she's a guitarist for Morfonica... Geez how could I forget about that...

For starters, I should follow her... toko_photo1216

I quickly clicked the follow button, becoming one of Touko's newest followers. Almost immediately, she noticed the notification and her eyes widened with a bright smile.

"Oh hey~ if it isn't the part-timer-kun from CirCLE! Hello!"

My cheeks flushed at the unexpected shoutout. "Uh... H-Hello there!"

Touko's playful tone continued, "Oh? NakiKyo is your username? How cute~"

I felt a heat rising in my cheeks as I quickly typed out a response, "Stop that!"

But it was too late. The chat erupted with excited comments and speculation.

"Who's that?!"
"Is this your boyfriend?!"
"toko-chan has a boyfriend!?"

As Touko's chat exploded with comments, she giggled and laughed.

"Hey hey, calm down, guys! NakiKyo here is just a friend from CirCLE! No need to freak out, haha~"