She, who knows everything

During lunchtime.

"Nakasone... Are you really switching to modular only?" My teacher's inquiry hung in the air, awaiting my response.

"Yes, Sir."

"Can you tell me why at least? Your grades aren't that bad, and you are almost top academics."

"Because, sir, I became a producer recently, and schoolwork would be in the way," I stated it plainly, my tone matching the gravity of my decision.

"I-I see..." He sighed, retrieving the paper from under his desk. "Write your name and write the reason."

I reached for the pen he offered, swiftly jotting down my reason on the form. After finishing, he stood up.

"I'll go get your 1st-week module, stay right there," he instructed.

"Yes, Sensei."

I patiently waited until he returned with five folders, handing them over to me. "Make sure to complete this next Monday, okay?"

"Yes, Sensei."

Leaving the school, I headed back to the agency building and straight to the production room.

I set the module aside on my desk and shifted my attention back to the ongoing song production for Pastel*Palletes.

The day was progressing, and I found myself deep into the melody, tweaking beats and adjusting harmonies for the Christmas-themed idol-rock song. The production room buzzed with creativity, and I lost track of time.

Just as I was immersed in the process, Chisato entered the room, her eyes scanning the scattered papers and musical notes. She wore a quizzical expression.

"Nakasone-kun, you've been at this for hours. Have you taken a break?"

Huh? Shirasagi-san is here? What time is it...?

I glanced at the clock, realizing how much time had flown by. "Oh, I guess I got carried away. But the song is coming along well."

he nodded, a faint smile on her face. "Well, don't forget to take care of yourself too. We wouldn't want our producer collapsing from exhaustion."

"I appreciate your concern, Shirasagi-san. I'll take a break soon."

She approached my desk, her eyes scanning the sheet music. "Mind if I take a look?"

"Sure, go ahead."

As she reviewed the notes, her expression shifted from curiosity to contemplation. "Interesting choice here. It gives a lively feel to the song."

"Thanks. I thought a more upbeat and energetic sound would suit the Christmas theme."

Chisato nodded, her fingers gently tracing the musical lines. "You're doing great, Nakasone-kun. Just remember, it's a collaboration. If you ever need help or opinions, we're here for you."

I appreciated her encouraging words. "I'll keep that in mind, Shirasagi-san. By the way, did you get some rest after our late-night session?"

She chuckled. "Yes, I did. Thanks for covering me with your jacket. You really didn't have to, though."

"Well, you were helping me, so it's the least I could do."

Chisato smiled warmly. "Let me know if you need anything else. I'll be in the practice room with the others if you decide to take a break."

"Got it. Thanks, Shirasagi-san."

The production room door swung open, revealing the other members.

"Hello!" Hikawa's cheerful voice filled the room as she entered.