There's always a curveball

Writer's POV:
----------------

The existence of your beloved is neither provable to everyone, nor a fantasy to you only. It's like you are destined to be for each other, just like our beloved KarEena.

After tying the knot of Karishma's shoes HM stood up & their eyes met. There's something soothing in this face, Karishma thought; which always gives peace to her soul. She had to stand on her toes to cup HM's face one last time before they left for office.

Karishma's POV:
-------------------

Whenever I look into these eyes; they engulf me like the waves from the  sea-shore take you in one swift motion.
Hasee tried to avoid our eye contact  as she was trying to hide the tears she held & so was I. She then said, "We're getting late Karu"

I said gulping down the pain, "Miku ka dhyan rakhna"

Hasee: okay!

Me: Aur khhud ka bhi..!

Like a good kid, Hasee nodded, yes.

Me: Aur BP check karna apna. Santu ke sath Doctor ke pas jana, ekele mein maat jana...!

& She nodded positively saying, "Aap hume check karna aur 'check out' bhi kar sakte hai! via your phone okay? & Don't forget to call everyday."

Me: hum har ek ghante mein call karenge aapko...!

Hasee: Nehi, itna bhi call mat kijiye, we both have our own work.
.
.
When we reached the bureau, we met Santu at the corridor, she was kind of stressed!
When I asked her what had happened, she said, "Karishma Madam, we went to investigate the companies, who sell Halothane to the hospitals in this area & get to know from one company that, 2 cylinders of halothane got stolen from their factory.
Chita had asked the workers but they said that they knew nothing, as all the stealing went on a holiday, it was 4 days before the Dr. Das's murder."

I remember it was the day I got discharged from the hospital where I was admitted due to COVID. Hasee used to be right by my side all day long except the office hours. Wait.... 4 days before the murder, which means 3 days before our wedding. I had noticed something unfamiliar at the hospital but what was it, I cannot clearly remember.

I asked, "DR. Malik, it was the day I got discharged from the hospital. Something happened at the hospital, that day, right? Do you remember?"

Hasee: No, I don't remember, anything like that?

I, then remembered there was a patient admitted, who had a halothane overdose; he was lying there unconscious, when we were passing the corridor. Hasee was right beside me with the discharge file & I was holding her arm for support as I was weak. But I cannot remember the face of that man.
And Hasee never forgets a thing. She's very sharp to notice everything, does that mean she's denying something?
Nope, she can't. She had promised me not to hide anything...

I said, "Don't you remember, there was a patient with 'halothane overdose', he was unconscious."

Hasee: My bad but I can't remember a single thing. I guess I was stressed or somehow I missed it but if you're saying then there must be someone.

SS: then we must go to that hospital to have the history of that patient. He might be related to the stealing of Halothane or might know the place where the murderer is doing all the operations.

CC: Yes, Santuji. There must be an OT set up & if there's, it wouldn't be tough to find out the place.

Hasee: Santosh Sharma, Did you get any CCTV footage of that day from the factory? & Chitah, Did you ask about the cylinder size?