The connection

Karishma's POV:

I woke up before the alarm at Hasee's call.

Me: Kya hai Hasee?

HM: Chilla kyun rahi hai aap....! it's 7:30am already Karu, I knew you were sleeping, switching off your alarm!

Me: Toh, raat bhar sone bhi to nehi diya Aapne!

HM: 🙄🙄🤔 Humne kya kiya?! Hum to waha hai bhi nehi 😐

Me: Matlab Aapki yaadon ne, miss jo kar rahe the aapko itna!

HM: okay! Got it! Now go, get ready early! You shouldn't be late on your first day there, after all it's a matter of impression. Certificate mein grading bhi hota hai. Aur kapre iron karke pehenna..!

Me: Ok... Ok! And what's my jaan doing there ?

HM: chicken stew kha raha hai aap ki jaan!

Me: Are you sick?

HM: nehi to, kyun?

Me: toh, chicken stew kyun kha rehe hai aap?

HM: hum to Miku ki baat kar rehe the!

Me: Arey... Hum to aapki bare mein puchh rahe the!

HM: Achha! I didn't get it, sorry! Hum to thoda tube-light hai na!

Me laughingly said: Hasee, do you remember the day, when you called me for the first time &

HM: & we hugged for the first time? Yes I do remember the day, but I don't wanna recall that day, my Miku was so sick, may he live long.... Anyways, go... get ready, rakhte hai...!

Me: Suniye to..

HM: Kahiye to!

Me: l love you too ....

HM: I love you. Bye now Karu, nehi toh aap late ho jayengi!

Haseena's POV:

How the empty night had passed,
& How I longed for your embrace!
only I knew that.
But there's no need to show Karu my vulnerability, I should be strong for her. So I cut the call quickly before Karu could feel the emptiness in my voice!

I had breakfast alone & while having green tea on that mug, I got lost looking at our picture! Today I'm not gonna have that coffee!
Then I went to the office. But everything seemed so empty without her! Why do love come to us & then take pieces of ourselves from us?
ACP Sir gave me a few tasks on which I started working. But our memories started to flash back before my eyes....

### FLASHBACK starts ###

I was stupid & selfish at that time, when Karu came into my life. I didn't want our bonds to be stronger day by day, but she was like some disease & started to engulf me layer by layer. I had tried several times to stay away from her but destiny always kept us closer. I became so fond of her care towards me, it was so soothing, her embrace; that deep down inside me I always longed for her, though I didn't show that! Rather, I was kind of pissed off at myself for giving someone such priority, cause I knew that every attachment took a part of ourselves & made us more empty; but little did I know that she came into my life, to fill me up with happiness & love.

But that day when Miku got sick, I got so nervous looking at his convulsions! Still I didn't plan to call her but every time I panicked & took a long breath to overcome my distress, her face came into my mind. She came within 5 minutes after my call. She came wearing a funny pink t-shirt & some informal pajamas. But I felt lucky that she prioritized me to such an extent that she didn't even waste time on changing clothes. It was the first time I sat on a motorcycle, I was having a balancing problem, but it was not the only reason to hold Karu. Some thoughts broadcast in my head back then; the way my panic is engulfing me every second, only she can stop the process, but I cannot just ask that time, the way I ask now,